KDE Ugly after sixth sense upgrade

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

KDE Ugly after sixth sense upgrade

Postby thepld » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:02

I just did an upgrade from 3.4a to 3.4e(yes, I know sixth sense is experimental). Everything is working fine, except KDE looks terrible. Icons in the menus are missing, and text on menus looks awful. Compiz doesn't even function. Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe a few use flags got screwed up during the upgrade. I did a revdep-rebuild immediately after install, and no problems were detected. I'd post a few screenshots, but I don't have access to the machine atm.
thepld
Young Hen

Postby davemc » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:14

The fix is just a reinstall away!
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby thepld » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:15

The fix is just a reinstall away!

Damn, that's a shame. Everything else is working perfectly, cept this is one major nagging issue. I'm surprised there isn't a more specific way to diagnose the problem at least.
thepld
Young Hen

Postby wolfden » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:27

have you tried to reinstall the problematic software?
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby thepld » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:37

I tried to re-emerge KDE-Meta but got a dependecy error(KCheckpass, I think was the package). Think that could be the problem? I'll do it as soon as I get access to the machine again(on vacation)
thepld
Young Hen

Postby thepld » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:28

Alright, I reemerged one of the packages(KDE libs) and the problem was reduced quite a bit. How do you go about reinstalling all the KDE packages though? I tried "emerge kde-meta" but nothing happened, probably because its a metapackages. Is there a way to reinstall all the packages used by that metapackage?
thepld
Young Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**