Installing Sabayon

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Installing Sabayon

Postby earth » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:11

I'm booting from the Live CD, clicking "Install on Disk;" when I get to the screen, "Disk Partitioning Setup," I choose "Automatic Partition." An error box pops up over the Install screen, announcing "No Drives Found An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check our hardware for the cause of this problem." How do I mount my hard drive so that the installation tool will recognize it?
earth
Baby Hen

Bout Installing Sabayon

Postby Quetzatcoatl » Mon Aug 13, 2007 16:07

Hi everyone this is my first linux sabayon's installation, i was looking deeply on this forum and i cant find a guide or help bout how to install beryl by default, I already installed sabayon and it works ok but i can c where is the beryl installation....it supposed it installs by default....plzzz help

I tried to set beryl and/Or compiz on fedora and suse but i move to sabayon cuz i read it has beryl complety integrated.

Sorry bout bothering u with noob questions but im really a neewbie help me please to not be it anymore.

Im using (also buy), Sabayon Linux 3.4e 32 bits.

Anyway THKS
Quetzatcoatl
Baby Hen

Re: Installing Sabayon

Postby darkscot » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:54

earth wrote:I'm booting from the Live CD, clicking "Install on Disk;" when I get to the screen, "Disk Partitioning Setup," I choose "Automatic Partition." An error box pops up over the Install screen, announcing "No Drives Found An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check our hardware for the cause of this problem." How do I mount my hard drive so that the installation tool will recognize it?

Can you tell us what version of Sabayon you are using and more about your hardware?
Desktop1: Sabayon 3.4e, WinXP | Desktop2: Sabayon 3.4e, WinME |
darkscot
Advanced Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**