Adding Sabayon to multi-boot GRUB [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Adding Sabayon to multi-boot GRUB [Solved]

Postby zephyrcat » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:33

Hi! I just installed Sabayon and told it not to install GRUB, because I already have a working dual boot system set up. I tried to add Sabayon to the menu.lst file, but I can't just do chainloader +2, because there is not boot loader there. (right?) (I tried booting with just title and root and it told me I needed to boot a kernel.) I looked at the automatically set up entries for Ubuntu and they have title, root, kernel, initrd, and then it says quiet and savedefault. I assume I need to add a kernel parameter and a initrd (what ever that means?) parameter to the Sabayon entry, but I am not sure what to put there.

If it is standard, could you tell me what yours says, or is it unique in which case how do you know what it is for you?

Thanks!
zephyrcat
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:44

title=Sabayon Linux x86 3.4
root (hd0,4)
kernel /boot/kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.22-sabayon root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk=8192 real_root=/dev/sda5 quiet init=/linuxrc splash=silent,theme:sabayon vga=791 CONSOLE=/dev/tty1 dodmraid pci=nomsi res=1440x900
initrd /boot/initramfs-genkernel-x86-2.6.22-sabayon
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby zephyrcat » Sat Aug 11, 2007 13:51

Anyone know if that is standard? Obviously I would have to change /dev/sda5, but is there anything else I would need to change?
zephyrcat
Baby Hen

Postby zephyrcat » Sun Aug 12, 2007 13:45

I just used yours and it worked. Thanks!
zephyrcat
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**