Sabayon 64-bit boot problem [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Postby richlw » Fri Aug 10, 2007 23:58

ok, tried noapic and nolapic together and separate. After doing something that made no sense but saw it in the help file, of changing the vga value to 771, I was greeted with what I wanted: a text based loader!
So after watching it all go through, I now found the point at which it all stops. After the part in green which says "Enabling On-Demand CPU Power Scaling", when it gets to "Loading KVM for AMD...", it stops right there, and goes no further. So it seems KVM hates me, for some odd reason. I'm gonna explore that screen I saw booting off the DVD and run it instead in VMWare Player and see what all the text says, maybe get a clue on what's causing the pause.
richlw
Baby Hen

Postby davemc » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:27

Go into your bios and enable virtualization. Its already basicly enabled but that switch gives it some extra kick. Some others have reported that that works for 3.4e and a. Im going to give that a go this weekend.
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby richlw » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:24

I wonder where to look in my BIOS for it, or what it may look like under a different name. I might have to poke around. If you find it before me davemc, let me know :)
richlw
Baby Hen

Postby richlw » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:22

ZOMG! :shock: :shock: :shock: After finding virtualization disable in my BIOS, and enabling it, and booting Sabayaon, it works! Thanks so much to you all for your help! I'm off to go play with Compiz Fusion :P
richlw
Baby Hen

Postby davemc » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:04

Congratz! Glad your up and flying now.
davemc
Sharecropper

Previous

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**