boot issue

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

boot issue

Postby Othello » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:02

I have an issue booting from the live cd in most recent versions. The system seems to boot fine but it logs me in as root and keeps me in consul and i not sure what the command is to get out of consul.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Fri Aug 10, 2007 17:42

Use any cheat codes?

Postby Othello » Fri Aug 10, 2007 18:03

no cheat codes and yes it is 3.4e but the problem occurred with earlier editions as well. Started with loop3.

Intel Core 2 Cpu 4300 @ 1.8 ghz
1 gig of ram

and a Via Chrome 9 HC IGP graphics card on some sort of board I don't have the specs for. Sorry Not my computer only have use of it.

Baby Hen

Postby davemc » Sat Aug 11, 2007 18:41

1. Check your md5sum hash on the dvd burn. $md5sum /dev/dvd/Sabayonlinux.iso (or whatever your mountpoint and iso version is). If that fails then cd to the dvd and do the md5sum there. That can be done from another linux install or you can also check the md5sum from windows.

2. If that fails (and it most likely will), check the md5sum of your download. If that fails, then get another download and burn another dvd. You can also order a dvd for a few $$.

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**