BETA TESTERS WANTED

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Red Knuckles » Sat Aug 04, 2007 21:14

I'm interested. Have some time. Am willing and eager to learn anything I need to know. I have several available partitions of roughly 70-75 GB.
SL 3.4a AMD64, Gentoo2007.0 AMD64 - ASUS M2NPV-VM - AMD64 X2 4800+ 2.5 Ghz - 4X1GB DDR2 800 - GeForce 6150 256MB - 2X320GB
Red Knuckles
Growing Hen

Postby Zinden » Wed Aug 08, 2007 19:53

I would love to be a beta tester. As i am a quick learner. Used ubuntu, pclinuxos, kubuntu and now i am only using Sabayon.
i am still learning the new stuff in sabayon, i am not used with emerge etc....yet 8)

my knowledge is in graphic section of ati cards. Helped many people in sweden of getting their cards the right drivers.
Zinden
Baby Hen

Postby Dr.Dixie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 17:43

I think I could do beta testing. I am on Sabayon near continuously, and there have been times when my computer freezes and crashes. So, yes, I'd like to do it.

!Dr.Dixie!
Dr.Dixie
Baby Hen

Postby darksong » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:17

a quick question about the beta iso's - are the best released like ubuntu/debian beta on a rolling release, where one beta has the ability's to upgrade to the next version?

My dad requires the internet for his line work and i don't think he would appreciate me downloading 3+gigs every week :D

If it is avalible i am interested in joining in - i am getting 3D problems and network issues with Sabayon.

Hope to hear from someone soon :D
darksong
Baby Hen

Re: BETA TESTERS WANTED

Postby Matthew Wiebelhaus » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:00

I will beta test i private messaged lynax about ti before i saw this but i will have plenty of time to devote becuase i have only four classes a day 90 minute periods so i will get most of my homework done during school so pleanty of time to test sabayon im im willing to test software and other things.
Matthew Wiebelhaus
Simple Hen

Postby dyingmuppet » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:28

Hey guys, enough beta-testers yet?
I would like to join too, I have a laptop and a desktop pc with only sabayon installed.
I started to know sabayon at version 3.25... man what a progress from then of..
I have pushed a lot of friends to use sabayon too and they use it with a lot of pleasure. :D
please just shout if you need me :P dyingmuppet at gmail dot com
I also have a hotmail dot com for msn :bom:

Grtzz Dre
dyingmuppet
Growing Hen

Postby Stupot » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:49

I am interested in being a beta tester as well. I've learned how to navigate around fairly well around Sabayon and I'm about to complete a semester course of Unix Programming (which clearly just hits the surface, but it deals with some administrative details and such that are extremely helpful to know as far as BETA testing goes).
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby wolfden » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:11

It helps if you list your experience with linux, saying using SL since 3.25 or I am in linux school isn't saying much. We are in need of experienced users that can put time into testing. We have too many now that are not doing any thing. You have to test and submit your reports, very serious stuff.

If you don't want to list what your experiences are in public, than send me a pm. Do not reply if you can not put in the time and effort., we don't need any more like that.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby dyingmuppet » Wed Nov 21, 2007 21:30

You're right Wolfden, I could have said more about my experience with Sabayon and Linux in general, well there it is then :wink:
To begin:
since 3 years I'm using Linux for 99% of my time, I've learned myself a lot about fixing packages that gave errors while compiling and not so long ago I've built my own Linux From Scratch with the LFS-book in front of me of course, else I would be stuck already. From there I've learned very fast and I've managed to get a Core-edition of SL to a graphical fluxbox machine without any book :wink:
I have a lot of spare time at the moment, so I have enough time to help beta-testing, and maybe fixing bugs if I could find out what went wrong.
From child off I was always interested in computers, first I used MSX, Commodore64, when I was around 12/13 years I switched from windows to Linux first with dual-boots and so on until I met Sabayon, I removed windows completely, and now I'm a happy 99,9% Linux user for 3 years.
I know how to compile and install software and use extra flags for it.
I have a little of programmers knowledge but I'm still learning. this Beta-testing could be very use full for me to bring up my Linux knowledge further on.
Hope I have convinced you a little more :wink:

Grtz Dre
dyingmuppet
Growing Hen

Postby joost » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:12

wolfden wrote:We have too many now that are not doing any thing.

Names and numbers plz.

:twisted:
joost
Sagely Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions