Anaconda problem still there [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Postby edgevision » Fri Jul 27, 2007 17:34

I'll try this and post back what I get.
edgevision
Growing Hen

Postby phzi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 22:14

I removed dodmraid from the boot params, and the installer just successfully formatted the partitions. Now the question is... why is dmraid causing the device to be "in use"?

Hopefully this works for edgevision's machine as well.
phzi
Simple Hen

Postby edgevision » Mon Jul 30, 2007 22:51

Went off without a hitch, removing dodmraid and using 3.4 Final. Awesome!

Now I second phzi's post.. what is causing this? And exactly what did I disable? Perhaps it should be documented.
edgevision
Growing Hen

Postby lxnay » Tue Jul 31, 2007 15:26

Ok, dodmraid will be removed from 3.4e default boot options.
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby edgevision » Tue Jul 31, 2007 15:33

I was going to recommend that but wasn't sure what advantages it offered.

This is great news for Sabayon and will put an end to many users experiencing these frustrating install issues.

Topic [SOLVED].
edgevision
Growing Hen

Postby JaymzGS » Thu Aug 02, 2007 22:24

Thank you so much guys, this fixed it for me as well. I have the nForce4 solution as well. It is installing right now.

I've updated the original post in case others have this issue and/or it shows up in a google search some day.
JaymzGS
Baby Hen

Postby driton » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:49

Can somebody explain haw to remove dodmraid cos I can't instal Sabayon 3.4a, anaconda is giving a error message.
driton
Baby Hen

Postby JaymzGS » Sat Aug 04, 2007 19:49

Look back at original post. When you are at the Sabayon boot screen, press F5. There will be a line of text towards the bottom of the screen. Scroll thru till you see dodmraid and then just delete the command with the backspace or delete key. Then hit enter and it will boot like normal
JaymzGS
Baby Hen

Postby driton » Sun Aug 05, 2007 15:03

Thanks for your advise but after scrolling down the menu I noticed that almost in every line is dodmraid so I don't know which one to delete. Can you please point exactly what to delete.
Thanks JaymzGS
driton
Baby Hen

Postby totedati » Sun Aug 05, 2007 15:29

driton wrote:Thanks for your advise but after scrolling down the menu I noticed that almost in every line is dodmraid so I don't know which one to delete. Can you please point exactly what to delete.
Thanks JaymzGS

you boot, then in grub boot menu you see a lot of options, like sabayon with music, without music, text only, and a lot more, ... etc ... you select a item in menu with up and down arrow, quick! you have only 30 seconds to do that !!! ... then you splash the damn F5 key, you see now a very looong line of text. Don't be afraid, splash again the END key this will teleporting you like a startrek moving device to the end part of that damn too long line of text, from here you begin the discovery part of dodmraid string, when you see it splash BACKSPACE .... carefully .... not too long here!!! ... until is no more trace of it ... then BANG, splash ENTER key and you are reeadddyyyy ....
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**