No keyboard when installing...

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

No keyboard when installing...

Postby mcangeli » Wed Aug 01, 2007 14:49

Ok, this disc is an improvement over the last stable release (which just booted to a blank screen). I can log in and start the installer, however, when I have to type in the root password and confirm it, nothing happens when I start typing. NOTHING.

Sabayon is a nice, polished distribution that I'd love to use, however, if I can't type (haven't tried typing in another program yet...)...
mcangeli
Baby Hen

Postby edgevision » Wed Aug 01, 2007 15:01

?

Are you in a console, or in KDE, or what?

When you type in password in a console (terminal window), your input is not shown for security reasons.. have you not been able to use the keyboard whatsoever? Test it in other applications.
edgevision
Growing Hen

Postby orglub » Wed Aug 01, 2007 16:12

Hello, I had the same problem with the installer, it seems that you can't type any password if you don't choose before a " bios password " . Sorry for the language , I speak better in spanish :D
orglub
Baby Hen

Postby mcangeli » Wed Aug 01, 2007 16:15

Yea, I don't know what the issue was installing from the live version. I booted to the graphical installer and installed it, and things are ok. Now to figure out compiz on the ati card...
mcangeli
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**