Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.4: Stable Release

This is the place where you can find all the Sabayon Linux Press Releases

Postby aras76 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 17:36

aras76 wrote:
totedati wrote:
aras76 wrote:Perche' non c'e' preinstallato kuroo? portato mi si blocca spesso.

Ottimo lavoro e' la mia distro definitiva

english please :oops: but as a romanian speaker can understand what you mean ... so ... congratulation ... you discover that sabayon is not for you ... well then don't pay for it, do not make donation to it, you are not forced to use it anyway not so? :oops: and use something else, including mac or vista here ...

if you do not have time and will to try to help yourself, see what is the problem, try to solve it using our collective help also, and simply claim that sabayon is not good for you then surely is not ...

what to say more? ... welcome, and goodbye ... :shock:

be quiet man, be quiet, i asked why there's no kuroo in sabayon 3.4. you discover that this forum is not for you, moderate the language please and learn respect for all
aras76
Baby Hen

Postby archang3l » Sun Jul 29, 2007 18:50

Well I finally got round my downloading problems (combination of increasing temp folder size and using filezilla) and got 3.4a installed. Boy was it worth the hassle!

Installed it on my laptop and ALL the hardware just works out of the box. No other distro Ive tried, and Ive tried loads, has managed this. Wireless works and even packet injects with no extra configuration needed. Add to that an interface that is not only stylish (using kde) but user friendly enough for a relative n00b like me to get the hang of.

Only complaint so far is that Kuroo has been dropped. I found the Kuroo gui a user friendly introduction to portage and even though it didnt work as it should in 3.3 I hoped the bugs would be ironed out in the 3.4 release. Having said that Portato is a more than adequate replacement and Im finding myself just using emerge from the command line instead.

Ive been trying to get into Linux for ages and have finally found the perfect distro (for me anyway). Theres not even any corporate backing, just a dedicated group of users I hope to become a part of. Will be adding my support to the project and bullying my M$oft loving mates to install 3.4! Big well done & thanks to the developers.
archang3l
Baby Hen

Postby totedati » Sun Jul 29, 2007 20:23

aras76 wrote:Ottimo lavoro e' la mia distro definitiva

and this is moderate language? My translation was " the last time when i use this distro" ... correct me if i am wrong ...
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Postby aras76 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 21:21

totedati wrote:

and this is moderate language? My translation was " the last time when i use this distro" ... correct me if i am wrong ...

The translation is "good job is my favourite distro". Learn respect for people at first time in Linux. We don't need teachers but friends who help us.
aras76
Baby Hen

Postby hyperion » Sun Jul 29, 2007 22:15

A very nice distro and release!

I've been running Red Hat/Fedora since Redhat 6.2, but it has gotten boring. I've been wanting to get into Gentoo for a while, but when I tried the current live CD-ROM, the boot failed. So scratch that idea. Someone at the Gentoo user groups mentioned that you can get around that problem by getting Sabayon (which I had never heard of), so that's what I did.

I installed this on a ThinkPad I just got (refurbished, to avoid Vista DRM hardware). No problems. Easier for someone used to Fedora to get used to than Debian-based Ubuntu, which I could never get into.

I'll switch to Sabayon on my main PC when I get a few more hard drives to set up RAID.

I have a feeling that Sabayon is going to become the primary portal for people to access the world of Portage ebuilds. :)
hyperion
Baby Hen

Postby totedati » Sun Jul 29, 2007 22:51

aras76 wrote:
totedati wrote:

The translation is "good job is my favourite distro". Learn respect for people at first time in Linux. We don't need teachers but friends who help us.

and this means that is my fault, and here you can read my apology :oops:
Ottimo lavoro = good job ... good, now i know something new ... :shock:
totedati
Technological Hen

Postby Wait...What? » Sun Jul 29, 2007 23:38

I know from reading many posts by totedati that there is nothing but an open and welcoming person willing to offer their help. You just have to see there are many people interpreting and speaking English in their own way here, but everyone is genuinely trying to offer help and welcome new users.

That being said, I too actually prefer Kuroo, it had a much clearer interface. Plus I had to re emerge Portato to get it working correctly. Most likely you can just emerge Kurroo and be all set.
Wait...What?
Growing Hen

Postby koch » Mon Jul 30, 2007 0:31

aras76 wrote:
totedati wrote:
...Learn respect for people at first time in Linux. We don't need teachers but friends who help us.

i'm into linux for about 6 months ( with 2 month without a pc) and this is what a lot of peopla forget.
not in this place but i tried some other distros...man, one of the biggest problems for a beginner is not the operating system.
sometimes you have a question, consider google and the internet, your friends, some strange tibetanian monks, your mum, your dog...everybody...no solution.
you ask in a forum ( saying you asked even the pope) and somebady says "ask google and the man pages or die".

grrrrrrr, i did.

often the problem is so simple...one question, one answer, that's it.

but all you get is...ask google/man pages.

ok, enough, i learned a lot but not enough. i had some good teachers here in germany (thx winfuture, it's a Windows forum with some great (linux) guys.

thanks
koch
Growing Hen

Postby totedati » Mon Jul 30, 2007 0:54

my apology again ... now after my back kicked, i do what i should do for the first time, jump at babelfish translation web page, and try it. The result is:

Ottimo lavoro = Optimal job

hummm ... what a misread from me ... like shooting you foot hunting the goose :oops: :oops:
sometime i am a lazy men ...
totedati
Technological Hen

Postby Wait...What? » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:41

totedati wrote:my apology again ... now after my back kicked, i do what i should do for the first time, jump at babelfish translation web page, and try it. The result is:

Ottimo lavoro = Optimal job

hummm ... what a misread from me ... like shooting you foot hunting the goose :oops: :oops:
sometime i am a lazy men ...

I always see you on here helping out - it's a great thing that there are so many from around the world here, and you're always trying to assist others. I think folks are used to other places where there can be lots of negativity, but not here. After looking around for a while it is clear, you're a great help to everyone.

Peace!
Wait...What?
Growing Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Press Releases