Boot Problem.... PLease HELP!

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Boot Problem.... PLease HELP!

Postby Oathian » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:29

Alright, I checked my DVD, it's fine and I burned it as slow as possible.

Did you check the md5sum? Yes
Did you burn it as slow as possible and verify burn? Yes
Did you try the cheat codes and if so, which ones? Yes, noddc res=1024x768 refresh=60 opengl=nvidia

My Specs:
EMachine t5010
2.93 Ghz PENTIUM 4
2.47 GB DDR RAM
GeForce FX 5500
SounBlaster live! 24bit
16x DVD±RW multiformat double layer drive

I am trying to install 3.4a on my HDD which has 88GB of unallocated space, but get froze up any way I am trying to install. It freezes in verbose as its "letting udev process events". I have tried cheat codes, but I am not exactly sure what to do. I am also slightly wondering why if I try to boot text-install, It prepares the live Environment..... But really, I just want this to install any way possible. I am very eager to run Beryls, so please help me out! I will include more information if asked.

EDIT: I've tried this many times, and as it is "letting udev process events" I get different amount of processes each time before the freeze, most ever was 7, sometimes get 2 or 4... I would appreciate any help. Note that I am not even trying to to navigate in the live CD, I am trying to install.
Oathian
Baby Hen

Postby WarraWarra » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:15

Try the chat part on top of this page for a quick good answer
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Re: Boot Problem.... PLease HELP!

Postby DerekInGermany » Mon Jul 30, 2007 20:27

Oathian wrote:Alright, I checked my DVD, it's fine and I burned it as slow as possible.

Did you check the md5sum? Yes
Did you burn it as slow as possible and verify burn? Yes
Did you try the cheat codes and if so, which ones? Yes, noddc res=1024x768 refresh=60 opengl=nvidia

My Specs:
EMachine t5010
2.93 Ghz PENTIUM 4
2.47 GB DDR RAM
GeForce FX 5500
SounBlaster live! 24bit
16x DVD±RW multiformat double layer drive

I am trying to install 3.4a on my HDD which has 88GB of unallocated space, but get froze up any way I am trying to install. It freezes in verbose as its "letting udev process events". I have tried cheat codes, but I am not exactly sure what to do. I am also slightly wondering why if I try to boot text-install, It prepares the live Environment..... But really, I just want this to install any way possible. I am very eager to run Beryls, so please help me out! I will include more information if asked.

EDIT: I've tried this many times, and as it is "letting udev process events" I get different amount of processes each time before the freeze, most ever was 7, sometimes get 2 or 4... I would appreciate any help. Note that I am not even trying to to navigate in the live CD, I am trying to install.

Hi Oathian,

I was having the same problem. Then what I did was "Start SabayonLinux 3.4" and after Sabayon loaded I click on the "Install on Disk" icon on the desktop.

Everything seems okay now.

I hope that helps

Derek
DerekInGermany
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**