BETA TESTERS WANTED

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

BETA TESTERS WANTED

Postby Dark_MaGe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:17

Feeling like your Sabayon is not fully suited for you? do you wish to test it before any other? you know how to log problems and wish to help?
Ask here, and you may eventually join our beta core team!
REMEMBER YOU NEED SPARE TIME AND PATIENCE
if you don't have any of the two LET IT BE DON'T APPLY....we need only active people
Dark_MaGe
Your Farmer

Postby wolfden » Tue Jul 10, 2007 18:15

Wow nobody yet?

Seems like everyone is busy or something......... :?

Edit - List of people so far interested:
maumike
dawn`chorus
node_one
projectle
flick
Last edited by wolfden on Thu Jul 12, 2007 20:45, edited 4 times in total.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby maumike » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:27

Thus far Sabayon has actually been perfectly suited for me, but being so satisfied with it I'm willing to help out in any way that I can. I've got plenty of patience and (I think) enough free time to devote to beta testing.

What exactly would be expected of me should I become a beta tester? You weren't exactly descriptive and I'd like to know just what I'm agreeing to before I actually agree to do it :) (or am I misunderstanding and it's really that simple?)
maumike
Simple Hen

Postby wolfden » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:57

Well, you will need time so you can download and run/install the beta software and report any problems you have with your hardware. If you have problems, you maybe asked to try some solutions so the developers can find a solution to implement it into a final release.

Communication is big thing, we have mailing list, forum section and chat room just for beta core testers. The key is active, active testers needed.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby node_one » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:53

I have been interested in contributing to Sabayon for some time. I have a couple of questions. How much time should we be able to contribute to the project? I want to make sure I can devote as much time as you are looking for. Also, what level of experience are you looking for from your testers?
node_one
Young Hen

Postby dawn`chorus » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:32

I don't feel as though Sabayon "isn't suited for me", but I would be interested in beta testing for you. So sign me up.
dawn`chorus
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:39

How ever much time it takes you to download the files, set them up and use them and than to report back your findings. Some times you will need to be more aggressive as a release gets close to being done. So I would think about how long it takes you to download things now and get things setup. Sabayon moves along quickly but it's not like you are testing every day. You will do your initial assessment and than report your facts later as you use it. Some one may ask you to try something or give output of some things and report back, but it's nothing that takes forever to do.

Right now, there is a wide range of experience with the testers. Some were/are new and some that are very good with it. Don't let that stop you, it takes all kinds to test software. Testers are always helping testers thru issues.

I hope that makes sense.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby wolfden » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:41

dawn`chorus wrote:I don't feel as though Sabayon "isn't suited for me", but I would be interested in beta testing for you. So sign me up.

:?:

can u rephrase that? It's not suited for you but u want to test anyway?
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby dawn`chorus » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:06

wolfden wrote:
dawn`chorus wrote:I don't feel as though Sabayon "isn't suited for me", but I would be interested in beta testing for you. So sign me up.

can u rephrase that? It's not suited for you but u want to test anyway?

Read more slowly, my friend. :)

I said, I _don't_ feel it's _not_ suited for me. But I'd still like to beta-test.
dawn`chorus
Baby Hen

Postby node_one » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:33

Thanks wolfden. Sounds like I should be able to help you guys. Whenever you are ready, and if you want me, let me know.
node_one
Young Hen

Next

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions