Compiz Fusion

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Beryl and Nvidia

Postby Opie32958 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 15:26

I'll say this, Beryl is cool when it works, but whoever developed it sure wasn't using an Nvidia dual-monitor card when they did. Half the time it crashes, and when it doesn't crash, I lose all my title bars on my windows. It's not a Sabayon problem either; it's just as bad in Ubuntu.
Opie32958
Baby Hen

Re: Beryl and Nvidia

Postby wolfden » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:03

Opie32958 wrote:I'll say this, Beryl is cool when it works, but whoever developed it sure wasn't using an Nvidia dual-monitor card when they did. Half the time it crashes, and when it doesn't crash, I lose all my title bars on my windows. It's not a Sabayon problem either; it's just as bad in Ubuntu.

?

works perfect for me, dual monitor nvidia
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Opie32958 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:37

Cool. You mind if I get in touch with you to see what I'm doing wrong?[/quote]
Opie32958
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:01

twin view and beryl is all u need to get set up and it should work just fine
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Wait...What? » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:02

joost wrote:
Wait...What? wrote:I've got it running nicely now, but I can't get get Tile and Group & Tab plugins to respond to any key bindings I try. Anyone else have them working?

Same here, they just don't work. I even asked in the compiz-fusion IRC, but no explanation yet.

I just emerged compiz-fusion-icon per your suggestion, very helpful, Thanks! Coincidentally when I run it from terminal I can finally see the error messages for the three non-working plugins, Tile, Group & Tab, and Snow.

Code: Select all
compiz (core) - Error: Can't load plugin 'snow' because it is built for ABI version 20070506 and actual version is 20070606
compiz (core) - Error: Couldn't activate plugin 'snow'
compiz (core) - Error: Can't load plugin 'tile' because it is built for ABI version 20070506 and actual version is 20070606
compiz (core) - Error: Couldn't activate plugin 'tile'
Initializing resize options...done
Initializing splash options...done
Initializing thumbnail options...done
Initializing imgjpeg options...done
Initializing animation options...done
Initializing fade options...done
compiz (core) - Error: Can't load plugin 'group' because it is built for ABI version 20070506 and actual version is 20070606
compiz (core) - Error: Couldn't activate plugin 'group'
Wait...What?
Growing Hen

Postby timpalpant » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:35

Wow...I'm having way more trouble getting this to work than I would have expected. I finally figured out that it won't start correctly if beryl-manager or fusion-icon startup because it conflicts with itself already running. Somehow, compiz+kwin are spawning automatically when KDE loads. If I try to start fusion-icon or emerald (manually), whatever process is running compiz+kwin overrides and takes back over within a second. Any idea what could be automatically loading compiz...and then keeping it running so I can't use fusion-icon or emerald? (I checked /etc/env.d/99kde-env and it doesn't exist).
timpalpant
Young Hen

Postby Darksurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:56

I wonder if compiz-fusion will run on my little ATI X200M as good as beryl does?? It works seemlessly with beryl. No hangs/glitches. I tried emerging cimpiz-fusion before, but had a few problems and had to rid myself of it. I have to try it again soon!!
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby CCR » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:54

How the heck does one get the new plugins: Screensaver and 3d windows on rotating cube to work??
DO i have to re-emerge the whole Compis-Fusion from scratch??
Tried to emerge compis-fusion-plugins-unsupported, but got no more plugins in ccsm (or what the configuration manager was called :roll: )
Thankful for advice as usual :D :D :D

Greets!
/CCR
CCR
Simple Hen

Postby Wait...What? » Tue Jul 10, 2007 15:24

CCR wrote:How the heck does one get the new plugins: Screensaver and 3d windows on rotating cube to work??
DO i have to re-emerge the whole Compis-Fusion from scratch??
Tried to emerge compis-fusion-plugins-unsupported, but got no more plugins in ccsm (or what the configuration manager was called :roll: )
Thankful for advice as usual :D :D :D

Greets!
/CCR

Tried:
Code: Select all
# emerge compiz-fusion-plugins-unstable

I saw that referenced on the fusion forums as the location of the screensaver plugin. There are no ebuilds.
Wait...What?
Growing Hen

Postby Death Dream » Tue Jul 10, 2007 19:28

Well I guess this is a mixy topic if someone likes it or not.

But I do look forward to seeing what happens with sabayon and this fusion thing.

~Deaht Dream~
Death Dream
Simple Hen

PreviousNext

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers