Xbox 360 Controller | Gentoo Walkthrough Not Working | CD-Ed

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Xbox 360 Controller | Gentoo Walkthrough Not Working | CD-Ed

Postby Mellowdrone » Tue May 29, 2007 4:26

It should be stated that I'm using the Sabayon Linux 3.3 Mini Edition CD (56k user here.)

With all of my efforts, I've attempted searching this forum for a result as well as Google, and neither have lead me in a decent direction. Perhaps I've missed something, but I feel I've genuinely attempted to give this a go.

In other posts on these forums regarding the Xbox 360 Controller (Wired), each will recommend the genkernel method while going through the setup routine. Also, on this walkthrough with the Gentoo website: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Xbox_360_c ... r_on_Linux : the text suggests to try

modprobe joydev usbhid xpad

as root after performing the kernel compile.

I have compiled the kernel as it suggests, and unfortunately, on my trying the suggested modprobe method, I receive:

sabayonx86 dev # modprobe joydev usbhid xpad
FATAL: Module joydev not found.

I have tried this both with a reboot and without a reboot after said kernel compile. Both methods result in the same action (or inaction).

On simply trying joydev, usbhid, and xpad individually, I receive:

sabayonx86 dev # modprobe joydev
FATAL: Module joydev not found.
sabayonx86 dev # modprobe usbhid
FATAL: Module usbhid not found.
sabayonx86 dev # modprobe xpad
FATAL: Module xpad not found.

The joypad has been connected in each of the USB outputs, and the USB outputs are enabled in BIOS (ver. 2.0 enabled). The controller lights up three times once it's connected, for that matter.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?
Mellowdrone
Young Hen

Re: Xbox 360 Controller | Gentoo Walkthrough Not Working | CD-Ed

Postby barbaricrunner » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:39

i am having the same problem but i am only getting an error for "modprobe usbhid" :scratch: help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance
barbaricrunner
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware