Dell Joins Microsoft + Novell Linux Pact

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Dell Joins Microsoft + Novell Linux Pact

Postby wolfden » Tue May 08, 2007 5:27

Calling Linux and Windows the "two platforms of the future," Novell this morning hailed the entry of Dell as the first systems vendor to join the Microsoft + Novell pact, as a reseller of Microsoft's SUSE Linux Enterprise Server certificates. The deal effectively makes Microsoft a real Linux distributor for the world's #2 supplier of servers.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Dell_Jo ... 1178550198

Imagin that huh - play both sides
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby random guy » Tue May 08, 2007 5:42

dell is a confusing company. first i like them because they were cheap, next i dont like them becasue their cheap systems are lower quality, now i like them becasue they are supporting linux by shipping systems with linux preinstalled, now i have to rethink it over with this info. sigh. why cant there just be a computer vender who outright dislikes microsoft completely?
<:~-- That random guy from nowhere has made another statement and vanished --~:>
random guy
Advanced Hen

Postby wolfden » Tue May 08, 2007 5:50

Yea this news ought to make a lot of people rethink about this Dell linux thing.

It's like Dell don't have enough balls to do anything without MS
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby shockware » Tue May 08, 2007 6:31

well me just have to wait and see what this will lead to... i don't know... from what i know novell is going to benefit from this more than m$ does... and about dell... well dell i think will act as a support for linux distribution...
shockware
Baby Hen

typeing mistake... :P

Postby shockware » Tue May 08, 2007 6:38

i ment to say "we just have to wait..."
shockware
Baby Hen

Postby Darksurf » Wed May 09, 2007 3:47

Damn.... I knew it was too good to be true. Why me!!!! Why is everyone out to fool me and take my money!!! ........... Oh, wait. As long as I use non-microcrap linux, I'm free! Yay!
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby random guy » Wed May 09, 2007 4:04

then again corporations change attitudes fast and often. i am going to wait before i jump to a rash conclusion. i gotta make decisions based on actions not words. considering how much enthusiasm there was to put linux on dell's there will be similar for staying away from a pact. we swayed them once lets see if we can do it again.

(ya i am staying optimistic, things are easier this way)
<:~-- That random guy from nowhere has made another statement and vanished --~:>
random guy
Advanced Hen

Return to Off Topic