My adventures with HP Customer support!

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

My adventures with HP Customer support!

Postby davemc » Thu Apr 19, 2007 15:01

I thought I would test the waters with HP and Linux so here are the emails :)

"Dear David,

Thank you for contacting the HP Home & Home Office Sales Center.

I understand your concern regarding the operating system for the computers. However, I would like to inform you that all the new HP computers have Windows vista as operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and would like to inform you that we at HP would not like to loose a valued customer like you.

For your convenience, you may call the HP Home & Home Office Sales Center directly at 1-888-999-4747 Monday - Friday: 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST and Sat and Sun: 8:00 AM - 1:00 AM EST. For online chat assistance, please click on the link below.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/help.do

Thank you for your interest in the HP Home and Home Office Store, we value your business and support. Our goal is to continue bringing you quality products and solutions.

Best regards,

Paula

Email/Chat Representative

HP Home & Home Office Sales Center.

*Prices, promotions and availability are subject to change. Orders may be subject to applicable sales tax, shipping and handling charges

Name: david mckisick
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Feedback: To be honest, ive a long history with HP/Compaq and have bought all my home computers from you guys over the last 10 or so years, most recently the m7580n. I have always been satisfied with HP Computers, but it sincerely disturbs me that you only offer computers with Vista or XP preinstalled. I exclusively use Linux and its all I will ever use for my home desktop and laptop. I WILL buy Dell from now on if they offer Linux preinstalled. I would sincerely prefer to buy HP, but I will never again buy anything with a Microsoft logo attached and its just so very unfortunate that a first rate Computer company like HP (which is a partner supporting Linux in the Free Software Foundation and offers Linux solution for servers) would cripple itself with such an anti-competitive business arrangement with Microsoft. Sorry, but Linux offers a better computing experience with more freedom of choice. I would suggest that since Dell is already going to offer preinstalled Linux on !
thier Desktop solutions, that HP follow suit or even beat them to it.

Now my reply to that....

"So is there any particular reason HP will not offer preinstalled Linux or at least offer post-install Linux clauses on thier computers? Or are you basicly just telling me to F*** off with "I would like to inform you that all the new HP computers have Windows vista as operating system." I know HP only offers Vista right now which is why I sent the first email. Im looking for YOU to work with the customer = ME, to create a workable solution so we can continue to do business with each other. Instead I get a smart a** reply like the above. Thanks for nothing! Dell now has a new customer thanks to you.

Dave"
davemc
Sharecropper

Return to Off Topic