Let me introduce myself...

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Let me introduce myself...

Postby tek_heretik » Tue Mar 20, 2007 16:30

I was a PCLinuxOS fan/contributor but was treated like a child in their forum (they don't like people pointing out bugs and things that can be improved). The admins act like they are disgruntled daycare workers watching 3 year olds. I hope my time here will be better at this far superior distro. :)

Oh, forgot to add some interesting reading... (posts 84 and 93)

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue ... 19&mode=25
tek_heretik
Baby Hen

Postby schivmeister » Tue Mar 20, 2007 21:17

that was a tough experience mate, u won't regret ur decision as far as the community is concerned. as for the distro, i have nothing to say. to each his own :)
schivmeister
Simple Hen

Postby tek_heretik » Tue Mar 20, 2007 22:24

I would just like to add that I am not a hacker. The avatar just goes with my rebel username. Although hacking to expose the weakness of Microslop products makes me laugh (not by me). I am just a PC owner/fixer that is sick and tired of the most abusive corporation on the planet. I don't want a Mac either because why should I have to buy their hardware to run their OS.

Edit: I have since changed my avatar. :lol:
Last edited by tek_heretik on Sun Mar 25, 2007 17:29, edited 2 times in total.
tek_heretik
Baby Hen

Postby daedius » Tue Mar 20, 2007 22:55

Welcome! That does sound like a rough trip with a Linux community. Don't bash the Apple Alcolytes like myself too hardly now:

Mac = great hardware
OSX = operating system

Sabayon runs on intel Macs quite nicely =)

OSX runs on PC ( http://www.osx86project.org/ )

Admittedly, I agree with you that the whole situation with these new intel macs is not an easy ^___^ Ah well, its a crazy effed up world sometimes. Welcome again!

*pets his MacPro*
daedius
Simple Hen

Re: Let me introduce myself...

Postby wolfden » Tue Mar 20, 2007 23:41

tek_heretik wrote:I was a PCLinuxOS fan/contributor but was treated like a child in their forum (they don't like people pointing out bugs and things that can be improved). The admins act like they are disgruntled daycare workers watching 3 year olds. I hope my time here will be better at this far superior distro. :)

Oh, forgot to add some interesting reading... (posts 84 and 93)

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue ... 19&mode=25

Odd I never been treated like that over there.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: Let me introduce myself...

Postby tek_heretik » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:03

wolfden wrote:
Odd I never been treated like that over there.

Well this a-hole from Chicago, Sal doesn't like Canadians. He was the one that deleted my first user because somebody claimed I called them old (I did no such thing and was not given a chance to defend myself). Then after months of helping in the forum and donating $200 US, my posts started to disappear (deleted mysteriously) probably because they contained some negative things about that distro (bugs, possible improvement suggestions, etc.). When I questioned the admins about my posts disappearing, they did not answer me so I deleted my second user and left. They want to keep their forum like an M$ forum, all nice an cute and little kid friendly. They don't want people coming there and reading my posts that might have a little too much truth in them. I am not the only one this has happened to.
tek_heretik
Baby Hen

Postby schivmeister » Wed Mar 21, 2007 22:59

believe it or not but they may have misunderstood your intentions probably from misunderstanding your sentence structure and use of words. either that, or they mixed up 2 users, probably thought u were some1 they found familiarly suspicious. that is unlikely though, such mistakes shouldnt happen as i would assume the admins and mods in such a forum to be mature enough.

hackers..hmm never thought u were 1 :lol: And..The term is more of a complimentory title to me, rather than a controversial one. Especially because before "hackers" got labelled and sent to jail, they were known as skilled computer detectives or mathematicians, depending on area of expertise be it software, hardware or networking. So anarchy symbol or not, hacker or not, street punk or Oi!, shouldnt bother the geek in us :) Or maybe u meant to say u weren't a troll heheh.
schivmeister
Simple Hen

Postby Appleman1234 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 0:56

Glad to see you here, sorry to hear you were a victim of misinterpretation and prejudice. (I know what it feels like)

Have fun :)
Appleman1234
Old Dear Hen

Postby davemc » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:43

Sorry to hear about that. It is true that PCLos is inferior to Sabayon in pretty much every way, but my experiences with the guy that normally haunts the IRC are really quite positive. Poor guy! I really feel bad for him constantly having to help people with the same hardware issues over and over and over because very simple things like NVIDIA cards arnt auto detected on install (happened to me 7 INSTALLS IN A ROW!!). Bad taste in your mouth indeed!
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby tek_heretik » Sun Mar 25, 2007 17:13

Thanks, everyone for your kind words. My apologies to the Mac guy, I was thinking about buying a Mac too but like I said earlier, why should I have to buy their hardware. I think Apple should release a PC version of OS(insert version here) with a no warranties made EULA (oh, wait, something like M$ has buried in theirs, BAH!) but that would really hurt Apple's outrageously priced hardware sales. :( Has anybody else noticed that since the yuppies took control of EVERYTHING, prices have skyrocketed, we've had phoney shortages, more scams, and a general decrease in quality of products, or is it just me? :?
tek_heretik
Baby Hen

Return to Off Topic