Do the aliens have immortal soul?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Do the aliens have immortal soul?

Postby fossiili » Sat Feb 24, 2007 20:10

I have thought that Quake4-demo would be a fine computer game for my son sons (12, 10 and 2 years, they have a 5 years old sister also but I do not count her with). The only problem is their father who is a clergyman. He does not allow the sons to play any FPS were the targets are human beings.

I have played Quake myself a little but I have not been able to proceed far. But I have realized that the aliens I meet have much the same with human being except the spider one sees in the beginning. The behavior of the aliens is also quite natural and human, they only try to defend their country :!:

So should we not meet the aliens with friendly attitude than at ones shooting when they appear? Or is there in Quake an option to use words or The Book instead of guns :idea:
fossiili
Simple Hen

Postby Jesterhead » Sun Feb 25, 2007 16:04

Hmm, well interesting thoughts ;)

Basically i think that those aliens are not more than some colored pixels.

If someone cant see the difference between Computer games and Real life, he should jump off the next bridge....

(In Germany theres atm a big discusion regarding so-called "killer-games...)
Jesterhead
Old Dear Hen

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:31

I don't think it will be a problem. The aliens are some what anthropomorphous but it still would be difficult to confuse them as human.
Mike
Young Hen

Postby Goatee » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:24

as long as you skip the intro you should be ok
Goatee
Sharecropper

Postby mars » Mon Feb 26, 2007 16:06

Ha!, here in holland the game is rated 18+....... so you have 2 be over eightteen years old to even watch parts of it. Prolly due to gore etcetera
Quake3 was rated 18+ already too dont know bout quake2 or quake1...
mars
Growing Hen

Return to Off Topic