Logo

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Phill » Fri Feb 23, 2007 15:15

Just adding my 2p (or perhaps a little more than 2p's worth)

I liked the first of Izo's designs the best, the problem with it was the shadow was not quite right, and people seem to be sick of the chicken foot. (without any shadow I just feel the image looks a bit harsh).

Personally (and I don't have the software knowledge to put the idea into practice so sorry for not having a mock up to show, although I might give it a try in the Gimp later) I'd have tried to take the 1st image and make it egg shaped rather than a sphere, and instead of the hen's footprint perhaps the traditional image of tux sitting down. GNU/Linux being the core inside the prettiness that is sabayon. There are plenty of Tux in an egg images out there, but can't recall any where he's trapped inside a red, glass egg. :shock:

One way not noted for implementation of the sphere into the sabayon image is that no only having the "sabayon linux" written under the logo, but also replacing the o with the sphere for banners such as on he top of the forum etc. i.e. places where a square logo wouldn't fit.

And finally I dislike the SL in the sphere, I just don't see it as necessary to have the letters in the sphere, people should look at the logo and think "that's the sabayon logo" without needing the SL there to confirm it. After all, Apple don't need a big A on their apple. ;)

Anyways,... I'm no expert and that was just my 2p.

P.S. Just wanted to add - Great work on the images Izo.
Phill
Baby Hen

Postby Tautrimas » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:31

Phill wrote:And finally I dislike the SL in the sphere, I just don't see it as necessary to have the letters in the sphere, people should look at the logo and think "that's the sabayon logo" without needing the SL there to confirm it. After all, Apple don't need a big A on their apple.
Well that is a nice remark. But then we have to decide whether we want to stick to "hen style" or something else. I'm not a creator of Sabayon and it is difficult for me to say that something has to be changed.
Tautrimas
Growing Hen

I like the current in-use logos

Postby Rayster » Sun Feb 25, 2007 22:56

For what it is worth, I actually like the SL artwork. I think the 3.26 Live DVD was stunning.
Rayster
Baby Hen

Previous

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions