Logo

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Izo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 22:07

Observe: Proposal Version Four for your comments and criticism. :)

/izo

Image

Clicky for full-size
Izo
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 21:55
Location: UK

Postby terlmann » Wed Feb 21, 2007 18:41

dude, reduce the "sl" about 2/3, and bevel it.add a supernova or sparkle to a choice spot on the orb, and we are in business ;-)
signature banned. User banned by the Sabayon Linux Forum Staff.
terlmann
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 17:27
Location: In the Us of A

Postby Tautrimas » Wed Feb 21, 2007 19:24

Hmm, is that only me or it seems that ergonomic orb appearance with sharp colors doesn't fit with wavy and light main sabayon font. Either change whole Sabayon font to this sharp edged, or make it not orb but bubble. Now it looks like terminator is holding a little tady bear.
Tautrimas
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 21:03
Location: Lithuania, Kaunas - Vilnius

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Wed Feb 21, 2007 20:23

Tautrimas wrote:Hmm, is that only me or it seems that ergonomic orb appearance with sharp colors doesn't fit with wavy and light main sabayon font. Either change whole Sabayon font to this sharp edged, or make it not orb but bubble. Now it looks like terminator is holding a little tady bear.


I have to agree..
But I prefer the orb with sharp edged font instead of the sabayon font with no orb... :)

@Izo, I think the 3rd was the best attempt till now ;)
Image
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 17:02
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Postby terlmann » Wed Feb 21, 2007 21:18

could you just implement my advice, and ignore the last two posts? :twisted:
signature banned. User banned by the Sabayon Linux Forum Staff.
terlmann
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 17:27
Location: In the Us of A

Postby Appleman1234 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 22:16

Please stop bickering :).

Izo, you have do a great job so far, I suggest you just try some of suggestions mentioned and a save them as variations of your base file. That way you can post the results of all suggestions attempted and the rest of your critics can stop bickering over whose advice you should follow.

terlmann: Don't be rude or bicker.
Image
Appleman1234
Old Dear Hen
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:48
Location: Land Down Under / Australia

Postby Izo » Thu Feb 22, 2007 19:29

Tautrimas wrote:Hmm, is that only me or it seems that ergonomic orb appearance with sharp colors doesn't fit with wavy and light main sabayon font. Either change whole Sabayon font to this sharp edged, or make it not orb but bubble. Now it looks like terminator is holding a little tady bear.

I personally liked the more techie, futuristic font that you quoted, but I thought I'd try it with the Sabayon font out of curiousity and satisfy demands. :)

AmpLiF1eR wrote:I have to agree..
But I prefer the orb with sharp edged font instead of the sabayon font with no orb... :)

@Izo, I think the 3rd was the best attempt till now ;)

So do I. Like I said, I thought I'd try the Sabayon font to satisfy demand.

Appleman1234 wrote:Please stop bickering :).

Izo, you have do a great job so far, I suggest you just try some of suggestions mentioned and a save them as variations of your base file. That way you can post the results of all suggestions attempted and the rest of your critics can stop bickering over whose advice you should follow.

terlmann: Don't be rude or bicker.

All four versions are saved in my Photobucket account, so no worries there.

If there's no more suggestions, should I start a poll, perhaps?

/izo
Izo
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 21:55
Location: UK

Postby terlmann » Thu Feb 22, 2007 20:25

could you make a version with the btk font and bevel it slightly? then please add a sparkle at the n in sabayon. once you have done that, i would start the poll, but until then I do have these suggestions here that you havn't tried.a poll would compare current editions , not try mine.
signature banned. User banned by the Sabayon Linux Forum Staff.
terlmann
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 17:27
Location: In the Us of A

Postby Tautrimas » Thu Feb 22, 2007 22:23

What I was actually trying to say is that we really need to change main sabayon font and colouring as it looks a bit unprofessional. Let's say not unprofessional, but "can be better" (; It's clearly seen as it does not mach with the Izo's tiechie style orb.
Tautrimas
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 21:03
Location: Lithuania, Kaunas - Vilnius

Postby Izo » Thu Feb 22, 2007 22:36

Tautrimas wrote:What I was actually trying to say is that we really need to change main sabayon font and colouring as it looks a bit unprofessional. Let's say not unprofessional, but "can be better" (; It's clearly seen as it does not mach with the Izo's tiechie style orb.

Ah, I gets ya. Use the same font, perhaps?

/izo

terlman wrote:could you make a version with the btk font and bevel it slightly? then please add a sparkle at the n in sabayon. once you have done that, i would start the poll, but until then I do have these suggestions here that you havn't tried.a poll would compare current editions , not try mine.

I did try suggestions of yours, like the change of font and transparency settings and whatnot ... I've just not tried all of them.

Not being funny, but at the end of the day, it IS my work and I'll listen to all suggestions. It's only polite. Just don't expect me to HEED all the advice I receive. :)

/izo
Izo
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 21:55
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests