konqueror

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

konqueror

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:37

Since most people (at least to my knowledge) only use konqueror as a file manager and use firefox as they're browser perhaps the default should include firefox and another file manager rather than konqueror.
Mike
Young Hen

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:52

I agree to an extend...

Firefox is already included and Opera also (on the DVD, don't know about the mini).
Because some use firefox and some use Opera for browsing the internet, you can easily set them as default in KDE settings -> KDE components -> component chooser.

If they are not included on the mini (no experience with the mini), then I agree to include firefox at least :)

What's wrong with konqueror to browse files ? :)

gr.
Amp
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:07

Ya, I was talking about the mini I probably should have mentioned that. Anyway, if firefox was use then konqueror would be redundant (of course not fully). I think that it would be less redundant if a dedicated file browser was used instead.
Mike
Young Hen

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:32

Mike wrote:I think that it would be less redundant if a dedicated file browser was used instead.

yes, that's true...
but a lot of apps integrate well with konqueror, but yes, it would be nice to have a seperate manager just to browse files, so you don't need konqueror on the desktop when firefox is used :)
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 11, 2007 21:00

AmpLiF1eR wrote:
Mike wrote:I think that it would be less redundant if a dedicated file browser was used instead.

yes, that's true...
but a lot of apps integrate well with konqueror, but yes, it would be nice to have a seperate manager just to browse files, so you don't need konqueror on the desktop when firefox is used :)

Okay, that's a reasonable reason.
Mike
Young Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions