Opinion about transparent window decoration

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Opinion about transparent window decoration

Postby SteelRage » Fri Feb 02, 2007 13:21

Hi there to everyone.
Because it's my post on this area of the forum, I wanted to congratulate with all the sabayon artists. Your theme rocks :)

After fresh install, I had something I didn't like too much (when using Beryl): the transparent window decorations.
When having multiple overlapped windows open without focus, it made very confusing to understand what window to choose, because the fonts of overlapping title bars become unreadable ;)

I'm using a Radeon 9000, for which the beryl plugin called "blur" doesn't work properly, so I apologize if when using it this problem doesn't exist.
Anyway, I obtained satisfactory results with reducing a bit the transparency of unfocused windows and/or tweaking a bit with colors.
SteelRage
Baby Hen

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Fri Feb 02, 2007 14:33

I always increase the black 'text outline' in the Xristal Theme used by Emerald to make the text more visible ;)

gr.
Amp
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Postby dyingmuppet » Fri Feb 02, 2007 15:38

Just what AmpLiF1eR says, edit a theme to fit your needs and have your unique sabayon look and feel :P ...
that's my suggestion ;)

grtzz DM
dyingmuppet
Growing Hen

Postby Square Bottle » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:08

Nah, it's good to point this stuff out. Your favorite team of art developers is actually making a new Beryl theme for the next release (cvill specifically is handling it). I'll make sure he sees this so it can sit in the back of his mind when he's making a brand new, Sabytastic theme for Beryl.

And yes. That is my new word. Sabytastic.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way!
My soul hurts. Please read what happened. It hurts, and nothing will happen. Perhaps they will try to soothe their conscience by removing this from my signature, so read it, and talk about it.
Square Bottle
Growing Hen

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Sun Feb 11, 2007 13:52

change the Xristal theme like this for example:

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... uk1og4.jpg

Now the text is much more visible and the theme looks much nicer, just edit the colors to something darker, the 'middle' now shines more too :p
You can also add shadow to it like I did.

(I think the Xristal theme was a great choice)

gr.
Amp
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions