sysinfo style

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

sysinfo style

Postby whilo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 15:27

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1303/screenshot2if7.png
Sysinfo is central system information kpart which is the central part of OpenSuSE's workplace. I think we could tune it to Sabayon and make it the default page for Konquerror.

The only thing I need is a good website style which can replace the blue border. The site should contain of a plain html file an images directory and stylesheet file. The slave loads the html site fills the information in and loads in Konqueror. Therefore the stylesheet is static, where the html site is manipulated on loading.

I hope you like the idea. I think it could be really great. In my opinion we could add some links in the frame around the information. E.g. the Get Live Help, Sabayon home page, package management, ... (but not more than 5)

I can add a source package, if you need to it to fit you work.

Cheers,
whilo
whilo
Simple Hen

Postby frogimus » Sat Jan 06, 2007 16:33

I like that. About the style, wonder if you could write the css to pick up system color scheme in some way......
frogimus
Growing Hen

Postby lxnay » Sat Jan 06, 2007 18:11

I like it a lot !! :)
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby cvill64 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:32

first of all, we need sources of the prgram that compiles it perfectly in SL before art request being posted here. Also, for art request of programs that will be developed for SL, coz if the package is accepted and built for SL, we handle artwork differently from there
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby whilo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 15:17

@ civill64

The screenshot is from Sabayon 3.25 64 bit ...

http://whilo.homeip.net/media/sysinfo.tar.bz2

Get it while it's hot... :D

The SuSE version has a hardcoded stylesheet. It could get a little bit more difficult to make it work with dynamic colors and a general graphics in the layout. I propose building a static layout first.

Cheers,
whilo
whilo
Simple Hen

Postby whilo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 17:00

Well superkaramba is not beryl's best friend, but yes that is nice, too. I'm just a little bit annoyed of the about: dialog in konqui. A specialized version for Sabayon would be much better:

- no blue, but a fitting red
- system specific inforamtion and quick access to the same folders as in about:
- maybe some (html) links to sites which are important for beginners of Sabayon

Cheers,
whilo
whilo
Simple Hen

Postby cvill64 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:23

a) please get my nick correct....don't know why people don't take the time with that

b) if we are to migrate it over to work for SL specifically, then the theme should be hard coded as well so that our art department can make their own theme for it and so they can maintain it

c) and of course we need and ebuild for this which I'll set up in a bit to start working on and do patches etc for what is needed

d) we must decide whether or not we'll fork the project to be completely modified or just patch it with themes and other things to make it work better with SL
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby Goatee » Mon Jan 08, 2007 18:40

we seem to be porting a lot off suse, i'm not saying this is bad, but is this the right way to go?
Goatee
Sharecropper

Postby Jesterhead » Mon Jan 08, 2007 19:10

Maybe its because Novell tries to enhance some things and some other distributions dont? ;)

And the installer for ex. is from Redhat ^^

I dont think that taking the best stuff available in the FLOSS-world and putting it together to something unique is that evil.
Jesterhead
Old Dear Hen

Next

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions