yes/no what is the general mentality?

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes : 3

Thread Closing

Postby terlmann » Sun Dec 17, 2006 16:31

Could you moderators make a policy of searching the forums for special thread closing tags that would indicate a thread being where it is not supposed to be,so we users can :arrow: at the topic for you to close? kinda like a "CLOSE-THIS-THREAD" entry?
terlmann
Growing Hen

Postby wolfden » Mon Dec 18, 2006 0:25

Definately not

Why have people making more topics on the same subject over and over. Only time it needs to be closed if it is causing a problem
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby johnnyhay » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:58

hahah. I know this is off topic but I thought that wolfden was talking to himself because you both have the same avatar. hehe. :lol:
But yeah, I understand your argument terlman or at least I hope I do, but I think that would offend people seeing someone posted "MOVED" or/and "WRONG SECTION" or, worse yet, "CLOSE THIS THREAD" on their topic when their just trying to get help.
johnnyhay
Technological Hen

Postby wolfden » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:00

Yes I noticed some have stolen my avatar - I guess that is fine, I know who made it :wink:
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Appleman1234 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:17

wolfden: regardless of whether you close threads or not people always do not bother looking and post new or similar ones. It work be good to group the 10 or 50 most common problems in a Common Problems Subforum and prevent users from posting a topic or asked users to check the common problems subforum if the subject matched certain keywords.

Or something similar to avoid to mass creation of duplicate or similar threads.

Eventually these common problems with have solutions on the Wiki and that could be integrated into it instead of a common problems subforum.
Appleman1234
Old Dear Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions