I wanted to install the packages profile-sync-daemon via emerge, as it is not available in the Sabayon repositories (at least that is what I know).
I'm informed about certain dependencies, which cannot be met due to packages being masked. On the other hand, these packages are already installed via entropy, which emerge apparently doesn't know about. Any idea of how profile-sync-daemon can be installed correctly without screwing up my installed packages?
Code: Select all
Sabayon-Desktop ~ # emerge -av www-misc/profile-sync-daemon
* IMPORTANT: 10 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
* Use eselect news to read news items.
* Last emerge --sync was Fri May 16 22:05:01 2014.
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild N ] www-misc/profile-sync-daemon-5.45.1 USE="systemd" 25 kB
Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 25 kB
!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- net-im/skype-22.214.171.124::gentoo (masked by: skype-126.96.36.199-copyright license(s))
A copy of the 'skype-188.8.131.52-copyright' license is located at '/usr/portage/licenses/skype-184.108.40.206-copyright'.
- media-video/makemkv-1.8.10::gentoo (masked by: MakeMKV-EULA license(s))
A copy of the 'MakeMKV-EULA' license is located at '/usr/portage/licenses/MakeMKV-EULA'.
- www-client/google-chrome-35.0.1916.114_p1::gentoo (masked by: google-chrome license(s))
A copy of the 'google-chrome' license is located at '/usr/portage/licenses/google-chrome'.
- app-emulation/virtualbox-bin-220.127.116.11733::gentoo (masked by: PUEL license(s))
A copy of the 'PUEL' license is located at '/usr/portage/licenses/PUEL'.
- www-plugins/chrome-binary-plugins-35.0.1916.114_p1::gentoo (masked by: google-chrome license(s))
- www-plugins/adobe-flash-18.104.22.1689::gentoo (masked by: AdobeFlash-11.x license(s))
A copy of the 'AdobeFlash-11.x' license is located at '/usr/portage/licenses/AdobeFlash-11.x'.
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
Thanks for your help