Installer, Many errors [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Installer, Many errors [Solved]

Postby albfneto » Mon Jun 09, 2014 23:42

I tried with two Daily Builds, one new and other from 2 weeks ago.

the new Anaconda installer runs, but gives many errors, mainly during the partition phase.

it is extremely slow, and freezes, open a window with the message "error occurred",

freezed, it is not more useful, not clickable, it was necessary to "kill" the anaconda process, and re-begin many times.

I dont have EFI ou GPT disks, and i dont use LVM, i want for use the "regular" partition, one small /boot, one small swap and a Root,/ partition.

also, when partitions are made previously (with Gparted), but not mouted , they are recognized bu the Anaconda installer as "full" and they should be deleted or re-edited.

When i try to make the mounting points, the anaconda freezes and no more works.
Last edited by albfneto on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Re: Installer, Many errors.

Postby albfneto » Tue Jun 10, 2014 20:12

See the Screenshot of the "erratic" Installer:

http://i.imgur.com/ZvVwhdM.png

No more click points, no more acess to text, logs ou errors.
clicking in "more info", "quit" or "report bug" are all unsucessfull, no more click points acess or control.

It freezes or becomes flashing. Isd not the video board, since using Vesa, the issues are the same.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Postby Honeyman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 21:12

Sadly, I can confirm the issues with the new Anaconda installer. It is annoyingly sluggish, totally unintuitive to operate (no, I do not want 3 separate volume groups, one should be enough with 3 logical volumes inside) and crashes in 9 out of 10 attempts to intall Sabayon. So I decided to use the old 14.01 ISO which at least has a working installer. I do not get it, why screw up an installer so badly? That is the first thing people encounter with a new Linux distribution, so this really puts of new people.
Je me regarde pour me désoler,
je me compare pour me consoler

Maurice de Talleyrand
Honeyman
Growing Hen

Postby eor2004 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 23:09

New Anaconda installer is very slow and buggy, for example the new Anaconda didn't want to load when running on live dvd mode, discovered by accident that I had to press "ESC" button when choosing "install" option on live dvd while it was loading so I could install, when I was doing the disk partitioning it was a PITA, lost like three hours trying to figure out how it worked, eventually I figured out how, a wiki on how to use the new Anaconda is necesary or one of two things will happen, regular users of sabayon will fry their brains trying to install, and newbies will be lost trying to do a simple thing like partitioning disk and install. I'm thinking about making a video about installation of sabayon using the new anaconda and post on youtube, maybe!
Sabayon Linux MATE 64-bit
Gigabyte G41M-ES2L-->2gb ram
Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.60ghz-->E5300
WD-6400AAKS-Caviar-SE16-640gb-->XFS filesystem
eor2004
Simple Hen

Re: Installer, Many errors [Solved]

Postby albfneto » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28

With the latest Daily Build, the errors not occured, at least using traditional partitioning (without UEFI, GPT or LVM).
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**