Chromium: Shockwave Flash has crashed

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Chromium: Shockwave Flash has crashed

Postby linuxfluesterer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 14:14

Hallo guys.
Since some days, maybe 1 month I use my Chromium (Version 32.0.1700.102 (246481)) with KDE 4.12.2, Kernel 3.13.3, (Sabayon 14.02) and I almost receive a message 'Shockwave Flash has crashed'. I have in mind, Chrome (or Chromium has a built in Shockwave or similar).
Before last upgrade I could reopen a tab, then Shockwave was fine (for at least some time), but now, I can no more (re)open a tab without Shockwave being crashed.
So, is there anyone here, who appears the same crash? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Re: Chromium: Shockwave Flash has crashed

Postby Douglas_E_Knapp » Mon Apr 07, 2014 19:02

Yes, I am also having this crash and have found it in other Distos as well. https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=9731.0

Problem is I can't use their answer.
I bad answer is just reload the tab and it starts working again.
Douglas_E_Knapp
Growing Hen

Postby anomaly65 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:06

Same issue here for a while. Annoying, but until the open source version is fixed, google-chrome (binary distributed copy) works fine.
--
Use handrails on stairs. A nasty fall face first changes your point of view quickly, and mine permanently :-)
anomaly65
Technological Hen

Postby Douglas_E_Knapp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:41

Where do you get the Binary version and how do you install it?
If you go to their website it does not have a Sab version. :-(
Thanks!
Douglas_E_Knapp
Growing Hen

Postby anomaly65 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:46

in rigo, search for google-chrome,

via command line (my preference ;-) ):
Code: Select all
equo install google-chrome

Hope that helps,
andy
--
Use handrails on stairs. A nasty fall face first changes your point of view quickly, and mine permanently :-)
anomaly65
Technological Hen

Postby Douglas_E_Knapp » Fri Apr 11, 2014 15:07

Yes, That helped. Thank you! It does have another problem though. Now the mouse does not work on the player on the second video monitor at full screen setting. I can live with it but would be happy to have any help or ideas about fixing that problem.
Thanks.
Douglas_E_Knapp
Growing Hen

Postby anomaly65 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 16:09

Douglas_E_Knapp,

Care to share any details on your video setup? nvidia, intel, or amd/ati video card(s)?

I have (often frustrating) experience with both nvidia and ati/amd cards in dual head and/or dual card setups (I've been running dual-headed display for 25 years now :-) solaris then linux....fun stuff, but awful details getting it working satisfactorily). with both nvidia or ati cards, their proprietary drivers support twinview or multidisplay(?) as an alternative to xinerama. xinerama has minor issues which may be the problem on a second screen. Not much experience with the open source drivers, but I'm sure folks here have plenty.

Or is your setup two cards with two separate screens (two X server instances), in that case, yes, there are issues with video overlay on the second screen. Sorry for the run on list of questions :-) So many choices, it's tough to guess easily....

cheers,
andy
--
anomaly65
Technological Hen

Postby anomaly65 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 16:15

forgot to mention, two of my systems, one ati, other nvidia, both run their proprietary drivers' version of "twinview/Multihead" and both seem ok with fullscreen video on the second screen. Both setups have one card handling output for two screens, although ati setup has second card setup for crossfire (basically useless in linux). ATI keeps changing the name (big desktop, hydravision, etc)....
--
anomaly65
Technological Hen

Postby Douglas_E_Knapp » Fri Apr 11, 2014 18:17

I should have thought to give that info in the first place.
Nvidea 580 gtx 3072 mb
Linux-x86-64 (sab fully updated) KDE
Version 331.49
I don't currently see the setting but I could have sworn it was Twin view.

Code: Select all
Frog douglas # more /etc/X11/xorg.conf

# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings                                                                                         
# nvidia-settings:  version 319.60  ([email protected])  Mon Oct 21 16:46:42 UTC 2013                                                                               

Section "ServerLayout"                                                                                                                                       
    Identifier     "Layout0"                                                                                                                                 
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0                                                                                                                             
    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"                                                                                                                 
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"                                                                                                                     
    Option         "Xinerama" "0"                                                                                                                             
    InputDevice    "stylus" "SendCoreEvents"                                                                                                                 
EndSection                                                                                                                                                   

Section "Files"                                                                                                                                               
    FontPath        "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/:unscaled"                                                                                                 
    FontPath        "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"                                                                                                         
EndSection                                                                                                                                                   

Section "InputDevice"                                                                                                                                         
    # generated from data in "/etc/conf.d/gpm"                                                                                                               
    Identifier     "Mouse0"                                                                                                                                   
    Driver         "mouse"                                                                                                                                   
    Option         "Protocol"                                                                                                                                 
    Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"                                                                                                                 
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"                                                                                                                     
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"                                                                                                                       
EndSection                                                                                                                                                   

Section "InputDevice"
        Driver          "wacom"
        Identifier      "stylus"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/tablet-X"
        Option          "Type"          "stylus"
        Option          "USB"           "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    # HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "FUS L22W-4"
    HorizSync       31.0 - 83.0
    VertRefresh     56.0 - 75.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce GTX 580"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "Stereo" "0"
    Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-0"
    Option         "metamodes" "CRT: 1680x1050_60 +1920+0, DFP: 1920x1080_60 +0+0"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection
Douglas_E_Knapp
Growing Hen

Postby anomaly65 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:25

You have the xinerama setting enabled, which if I recall correctly, may be the source of the second screen video problem. comment that section out, along with the nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder in the Screen section, then proceed with the nvidia control panel to setup twinview for you.

make sure you've got nvidia-settings, the nvidia control panel, installed ("equo install nvidia-settings") and run that to enable twinview rather than xinerama. Since nvidia-settings can be run as you, rather than root user, I would suggest "chown username /etc/X11/xorg.conf" to allow it to write that file after nvidia-settings creates the new settings for you.

I'd also suggest "systemctl disable x-setup" which disables the boot time "best guess of the OS" setup of X.

Good luck and hope that does work out for you ;-)
andy
--
anomaly65
Technological Hen

Return to Software in General