Live Installation (26/03/2014) aborts [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Live Installation (26/03/2014) aborts [Solved]

Postby linuxfluesterer » Tue Apr 01, 2014 16:52

Hallo guys.
After managing to boot Sabayon Live KDE 64 bit from 26/03/2014, with "nouveau" driver, I have reached the KDE desktop. I've connected with WLan and made an Update of the repos also.
Then I have started the icon 'Install to Hard Drive', where I see the symbol whipping for some seconds, but the installer doesn't start. I've tried again, same result, no installer appeared.
So, then, I've opened a konsole, where I have entered:
Code: Select all
liveinst

and got this result:

So, I've downloaded daily build of Sabayon KDE 64bit from 29/03/2014 also, created a USB stick and there was the same result. I also tried to boot the iso (on my hard disk) in a Virtualbox on my actual system (Sab 14.02).

I don't have any volume groups on my disk, just a normal partioned one...
So, what can be the reason for the error message, pls? Is there anyone with the same problem?
What can I do to install from latest (daily build) Sabayon isos?
Any help is appreciated.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
Last edited by linuxfluesterer on Wed Apr 09, 2014 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Re: Live Installation (26/03/2014) aborts

Postby linuxfluesterer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 22:30

-Update-
I've started to install from an older Daily Build SabLive iso (29/01/2014) to hard disk, and there the installer was executed correctly. So, since that time, there must have been changed something in 'liveinst' (Anaconda?). My notebook is the same and my VirtualBox version is the same as of 29/01/2014.
At this moment, there are 331 updates for my system (KDE 64bit). Too much, I want to make a clean install and I want to encourage my friend to learn Sabayon KDE also.
Exactly, I would like to ask you, Fabio, or the caretaker of the installer program. Thank you in advance.

p.s. a Daily Build SabLive version as date of 30/03/2014 also fails to be installed.
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Postby lxnay » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43

I fixed it today, there was a bug in udisks.
Just wait 3-4 days for new images to hit our mirrors (anything > 20140402).
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby linuxfluesterer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:15

Thank you very much, Fabio...
I'll appreciate your fast reply.

linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Postby linuxfluesterer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:58

Hallo Fabio.
I'm sorry for late reply. Had a lot of trouble with Finnair ... I just had the time to boot the iso as date of 05/04/2014 in a VirtualBox, where I could finally start the 'Install Sabyon on harddisk' button successfully.
The window opens, I was greeted to chose the language, when I've stopped the procedure then.
So, for this topic of starting the installation routine, it seems to work now.
I will close this thread for now. Thank you.

linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**