KDE sluggish after update

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Re: KDE sluggish after update

Postby moldmaker » Fri Mar 21, 2014 22:59

totedati wrote:how? needed more info ... what process? listing of that clue can help

I do not want to bore you with the whole file, so here are the relevant lines:

Code: Select all
(...)
static bool QDeclarativeMetaType::isModule(const QByteArray&, int, int) Qt 4.7 import detected; please note that Qt 4.7 is directly reusable as QtQuick 1.x with no code changes. Continuing, but startup time will be slower.
plasma-desktop(3012)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
plasma-desktop(3012)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?
Could not find 'avant-window-navigator' executable.
Failed to connect to the VirtualBox kernel service
usage: synaptikscfg-python2.7 [-h] [--version] {init,load,save} ...
synaptikscfg-python2.7: error: no touchpad found
file:///usr/lib64/kde4/imports/org/kde/plasma/components/SectionScroller.qml:103: TypeError: Result of expression 'listView' [null] is not an object.
file:///usr/lib64/kde4/imports/org/kde/plasma/components/SectionScroller.qml:175: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sectionsRepeater
file:///usr/lib64/kde4/imports/org/kde/plasma/components/SectionScroller.qml:103: Error: Cannot assign [undefined] to QString
file:///usr/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/notifier/contents/ui/devicenotifier.qml:224:13: QML QDeclarativeListView_QML_99: Possible anchor loop detected on fill
file:///usr/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/notifier/contents/ui/devicenotifier.qml:224:13: QML QDeclarativeListView_QML_99: Possible anchor loop detected on fill
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
plasma-desktop(3012)/libakonadi Akonadi::AgentManagerPrivate::createDBusInterface: AgentManager failed to get a valid AgentManager DBus interface. Error is: 1 "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner" "Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control': no such name"
plasma-desktop(3012)/libakonadi Akonadi::SessionPrivate::socketError: Socket error occurred: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
plasma-desktop(3012)/libakonadi Akonadi::SessionPrivate::socketError: Socket error occurred: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
search paths:  ("/usr/local/bin", "/usr/bin", "/bin", "/opt/bin", "/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.7.3", "/usr/games/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/libexec", "/usr/libexec", "/opt/mysql/libexec", "/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin", "/opt/mysql/sbin")
(...)

totedati wrote:
moldmaker wrote:I found a hint on the net pointing to the systray widget

where?

systray is an important widget for any kde desktop i think disabling it is too radical :bom:

See the link below. The bug is not exactly what I experience because it talks about the plasma desktop crashing, not freezing for some time. But is also talks about loops in the xsession-error file, just like mine. So I think there might be some similarities.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=310647

What do you think?

Mm.
moldmaker
Baby Hen

Re: KDE sluggish after update

Postby moldmaker » Sun Apr 20, 2014 20:07

After the latest update, which included KDE, the problem was still present. I can not work with KDE any more if I have to wait several minutes until I can do anything. So I abandoned Sabayon. Sorry folks, I liked it very much.
This thread may be closed.

Mm.
moldmaker
Baby Hen

Previous

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion