Dropped to grub after install [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

Dropped to grub after install [Solved]

Postby jmdennis » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:32

I installed Sabayon 14.01 x86 kde. It installed perfectly with no issues. I then get dropped to grub and it just sits there. I even went back to the dvd and did the grub reinstall and this does not fix any thing. It goes to /dev/sda which is my drive but it will not work. I have not tried the other versions to see if they would work. I have a nvidia graphics card and an AMD dual core processor.

I forgot to mention that when I install by going to the desktop first it gives me an error after I select the hard drive. I try and wipe out the hard drive by deleting the partitions and then adding them back but it gives errors during this process of doing the delete. I can install just fine if I select install at the main menu.
Last edited by jmdennis on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:30, edited 2 times in total.
jmdennis
Baby Hen

Re: Dropped to grub after install

Postby jmdennis » Thu Jan 16, 2014 21:53

I installed the 64 bit version and did not have the same problem. Not sure what happened with the 32 bit version but at least I am able to work now.
jmdennis
Baby Hen

Re: Dropped to grub after install

Postby jmdennis » Tue Jan 21, 2014 16:35

This can be closed as I downloaded this from a different mirror and I was able to install just fine and get to the desktop. I guess the mirror I selected was bad but do not remember which one I used to do the first download.
jmdennis
Baby Hen

Return to Installer Issues - Calamares **Not for Package Manager Stuff**