Kernel Sabayon 3.12 brightness

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Kernel Sabayon 3.12 brightness

Postby mramish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 21:04

Since i bought my new Ideapad S300 (I5 Ivybridge, Intel HD4000 Graphics) i had the problem (with every distribution Sabayon, Suce, Fedora etc.) that when booting this laptop the screen brightness got completly dark. When at KDM/GDM i could adjust the brightness back to normal with the fn-keys. This was not a show stopper but quite annoying.

Now ive tried the new Suse 13.1 release and the problem seems to be finally fixed in their kernel. Now i wonder if there is a proper way to find out what they did to their kernel to possibly integrate this into sabayon kernels to improve this amazing distribution further.

I tried to look through their patches on Git but wasnt able to find a clue there. I found an intresting bug report at but iam not shure if THIS is the answer to the problem.
Baby Hen

Re: Kernel Sabayon 3.12 brightness

Postby Provia » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:47

Can you try older kernles for now?
It seems that a solution for the bug that you have linked from bugzilla will be merged in 3.13.
Maybe it's just a matter of time.
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT
Sabayon Linux x64 KDE Limbo
Advanced Hen

Re: Kernel Sabayon 3.12 brightness

Postby Laci55 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:10

Nice post there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post. Thanks for sharing.
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware