Pc freezes after upgrade

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pc freezes after upgrade

Postby Beerforfree » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:50

I haven't had time to try a daily release, but the problem looks vey similar as the one described in other topic. After my last try I'm getting a blank display as well. when entering in rescue mode I can see an error

microcode: faile to load file amd-ucode/microcode_amd_fam16h.bin
Beerforfree
Young Hen

Postby Beerforfree » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:11

Back again, I had to much work for playing arounf on my new notebook
I've tried to install a daily release with no success, is asking me for a login at install (command line) before seeing any grafical menue. The same happend with the regular release but this went on after pressing just enter
the daily release after 2 time CR block the screen
My BIOS has neither Admin paswd nor Power on pswd and EFI is disabled why does a login prompt appears at boot from an installation disk?
Beerforfree
Young Hen

Postby Beerforfree » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:52

Fitzcaraldo where do I find the kernel script or how is it called ?
"edit the kernel boot line"

thanks budy
Beerforfree
Young Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:48

It's not a script. When the LiveDVD boot menu appears, scroll down the menu until you highlight the 'Start Sabayon X.Y' (or something along those lines) then press the Tab key (or Press F5 instead if that's what it says on-screen). The kernel boot line will then be displayed and you can delete parameters, edit existing parameters and add extra parameters to the end of the line. Then finally press Enter to continue booting.

If you try what I wrote in an earlier post and the open-source Radeon driver does not work, then boot the LiveDVD and instead add 'nomodeset' (without the quotes) to the end of the kernel boot line and press Enter to continue booting.

I'm assuming your PC has an AMD ATI GPU of course. If it doesn't, then of course neither the Radeon driver nor the FGLRX driver will be of any use in your case.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby Beerforfree » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:54

Either I didn't get you well or some stuff looks different, finally I've installed a diferente Distro to this machine and solved all the problems. LM is a good choice
Beerforfree
Young Hen

Previous

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers