SABUNK: Start Button

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

SABUNK: Start Button

Postby spunknibbles » Wed Dec 13, 2006 21:26

Ok,
Here is the newly re-designed start button off the old one I did. It is fixed so you can use whatever background for the panel you want. I hope you enjoy. I will be creating a whole theme around this. Next step is KDM, then a splash screen. A long list ahead that I will do in my spare time. This button is for use with my theme elements called SABUNK.

Download the file:
Deleted

To install:

Code: Select all
Overwrite the files in
/usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/kicker/pics/

If you want to revert back to the old ones be sure to backup the existing ones.

Also you will need to adjust your kicker panel for custom size @ 48 px.

Also for those you who do not know, you will have to refresh the kicker panel. I can't remember the command line for it. BUT, to do so right-click your start-button and choose "Switch to KDE menu style" then after it switches do the same and switch back to the SUSE.
Enjoy
Last edited by spunknibbles on Mon Dec 25, 2006 17:44, edited 5 times in total.
"Art is only limited by creativity."
spunknibbles
Simple Hen

Postby Goatee » Wed Dec 13, 2006 21:28

cool
Goatee
Sharecropper

Postby aresio » Wed Dec 13, 2006 21:34

gorgeous!
aresio
Simple Hen

Postby cvill64 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 21:52

the command to refresh is

$ dcop kicker kicker restart

as USER! in a terminal

nice black and red theme though :D

also
a) what icon theme are you using there?
b) what about something more of a black and dark, cool blue theme, eh eh? ;)
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby aresio » Wed Dec 13, 2006 22:01

cvill64 wrote:the command to refresh is

$ dcop kicker kicker restart

as USER! in a terminal

didn't work

it spread tray icons all around the desktop, however :D
aresio
Simple Hen

Postby spunknibbles » Thu Dec 14, 2006 0:27

also

A) The icon theme is just a mixture of stuff along the web. I believe the base is Vista Inspirate. I like the theme, even how much I don't like the Windows, they do have some good art in Vista. Needless to say there will be an icon theme I am working on released that will be better than this. : )

B) Absolutely, I will be using the same logos and Icons that I am creating but I am going to recolor them for different schemes. I am just releasing the default, or will be, until I can get everything finished.

Now if you excuse me gentlemen I have a Splash screen and KDM screen to create.
spunknibbles
Simple Hen

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:10

I agree about Vista.... I like the looks too, but I don't like their tactics and the way things work, anyway, great button !

looking forward to see more stuff from you =]

gr.
Amp
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Postby Square Bottle » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:15

spunknibbles wrote:

also

A) The icon theme is just a mixture of stuff along the web. I believe the base is Vista Inspirate. I like the theme, even how much I don't like the Windows, they do have some good art in Vista. Needless to say there will be an icon theme I am working on released that will be better than this. : )

B) Absolutely, I will be using the same logos and Icons that I am creating but I am going to recolor them for different schemes. I am just releasing the default, or will be, until I can get everything finished.

Woah now, hold on a second. While we certainly appreciate the contribution and love that you're putting stuff that you make in the forums for everybody to use, that doesn't mean it's going to be the default or even that it's going to be official Sabayon artwork, comrade. But it does look very nice, and if you do make a complete unofficial theme, something tells me that a lot of people would be made very happy. ;)
My soul hurts. Please read what happened. It hurts, and nothing will happen. Perhaps they will try to soothe their conscience by removing this from my signature, so read it, and talk about it.
Square Bottle
Growing Hen

Postby lxnay » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:40

moreover, I'd prefer a landscape version over all.
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby spunknibbles » Thu Dec 14, 2006 16:26

Square Bottle wrote:
spunknibbles wrote:

also

Woah now, hold on a second. While we certainly appreciate the contribution and love that you're putting stuff that you make in the forums for everybody to use, that doesn't mean it's going to be the default or even that it's going to be official Sabayon artwork, comrade. But it does look very nice, and if you do make a complete unofficial theme, something tells me that a lot of people would be made very happy. ;)

I had to go in here and edit my post. After reading it over I know exactly where you got the default idea from. It was in part "B" of my above post about

I am just releasing the default, or will be, until I can get everything finished.

The default of MY THEME not an official. I am doing a bunch of stuff and hopefully build an ebuild once it is done. In that ebuild I am going to contain as many themes as I can. I did not mean the default for the 3.3 build. For the time being I will name each post with a theme name that way if things are individually posted you can just look at all the post with the same theme name.
Again sorry for the confusion I have brought to you guys,
spunk :wink:
spunknibbles
Simple Hen

Next

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions