Problems upgrading Rigo [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Problems upgrading Rigo [Solved]

Postby VolvoBirkenstock » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21

Hi. I hope that I am not "jumping the gun". I use sabayon-weekly and rigo to perform weekly upgrades. After the last upgrade (approximately Sunday, 2013 Oct 13), I found that rigo was not working. "equo search entropy" now shows "sys-apps/entropy-216-r1" is present. When I perform "equo install rigo", I do not see a change in revision and Rigo continues to fail.

Do I need to wait a little while longer before I try "equo install rigo"? I ask because I note that https://packages.sabayon.org/quicksearc ... 1094&y=-71 shows "app-admin/rigo-219" in sabayon-weekly with 13,468 downloads. (I guess that number could just be all the users who have downloaded Rigo, and not necessarily rigo-219.)

Since I normally use Rigo, I am not familiar with how to use "equo" and "entropy". Could someone please tell me what I need to do to get Rigo performing correctly again? Otherwise I will not be able to continue with the weekly updates to my system.

Thank you very much.
Last edited by VolvoBirkenstock on Sun Oct 20, 2013 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
VolvoBirkenstock
Growing Hen

Re: Problems upgrading Rigo

Postby Stupot » Sun Oct 20, 2013 17:22

This problem has been fixed. You are just missing one important step.

Code: Select all
# equo update

That command tells your system to download the latest list of available packages.

# equo search entropy

shoudl show version 219

Then do your
# equo install rigo

which should update you to version 219.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Re: Problems upgrading Rigo

Postby VolvoBirkenstock » Sun Oct 20, 2013 19:24

Thank you very much for your excellent explanation. Rigo has been fixed and I am now upgrading. Setting this thread to solved.
VolvoBirkenstock
Growing Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area