Just wondering.....

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Just wondering.....

Postby Tails » Thu Dec 14, 2006 13:21

ok, in here...

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/wiki/index. ... stallation

there is a command...

"glsa-check -f all"

this command actually WILL break your system like kdeinit wont start, and many apps wont compile!, why you guys put that command in the wiki? Whats the exact purpose for this command, apart from breaking people system?

Thanks!
Tails
Young Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Dec 14, 2006 13:29

thats because it updates packages and the thing that seems to be breaking it is the qt package, you just have to reinstall a couple programs and you are good to go again. I can't remember what packages they are off hand.

I did the same command - kdeinit failed, reinstall like 4 programs and was good to go.

If one knows what to look out for you can do updates perfectly safe, that is why it's stressed over and over on the forum and in irc not to do updates unless you know what you are doing. I know this isn't what people want to hear, but it's the truth. Gentoo breakage is easy to do. If it works don't mess with it. Update slowly and carefully - do a bit of research on packages to be updated. It's been mentioned before that the glsa will break kdeinit.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion