layman question

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

layman question

Postby termleech » Wed Dec 13, 2006 13:41

From what I can understand right now layman uses svn to pull the portage overlay for sabayon. If I'm wrong please correct me. However if this is the case is there any way to have it use port 80 for webdav? My company uses a very restrictive firewall and proxy that doesn't even allow DNS request unless you go through it's ISA server. I have ntlmaps set up which sets up a localhost proxy through the ISA for things such as portage (since normal proxy doesn't understand DOMAIN\username syntax).

If layman doesn't use svn, then how can I tell it to use my proxy settings? Portage works fine as I've got the proxy set up, but layman doesn't, which tells me it isn't using the proxy evironment variables.
Baby Hen

Postby CptnObvious999 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 14:26

From what I have seen Layman supports SVN, Rsync (what portage uses), and DARCS (whatever that is...). However most overlays use SVN, fortunately layman does support using a proxy (as long as it doesn't require authentication), all you have to do is go into /etc/layman/layman.cfg uncomment and change the line that says "proxy :"
Baby Hen

Postby lxnay » Wed Dec 13, 2006 14:33

gimme the error that you have, I've configured svn access through a proxy here at work by changing squid default settings.
Join us on IRC ( #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
Land Owner

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion