error while loading shared libraries: ... file too short

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

error while loading shared libraries: ... file too short

Postby shadow4k » Sun Jul 28, 2013 22:44

Hello everyone,

whats wrong with Sabayon 13.04? I installed it a few days ago from the latest Mate-Image. It keeps crashing from time to time (non-reproducible) and it doesn't start Okular as well as Inkscape. The Sabayon I had installed before didn't crash a single time. Sadly an Kernel update brought some graphics driver problems and while trying to fix it, I accidentally overwrote the file system of my encryptet home directory and I decided to install the latest Sabayon on a clean drive. Well... that happens if you don't concentrate and try to do multitasking. :roll:

Both applications (when starting from shell) give the same error message, but for different libs.

okular: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib64/libkactivities.so.6: file too short
inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib64/libMagick++-6.Q16.so.1: file too short

I'm saving the data frequently, so the crashes don't do much damage and they occur only once or twice a day. They're just annoying. But the use of Inkscape would be very important to me.

Edit:
Nobody has ever had that problem? :roll:
shadow4k
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area