Just installed SL 64 3.2, but...

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Just installed SL 64 3.2, but...

Postby JoeBlue » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:05

Nothing works properly. I try to pull up a terminal to edit some of the features manually, but it just bobs the little cursor, and doesn't pull up any terminals. It gives me a sorry box that states KDEinit could not launch 'konsole'.

I tried getting root acces, but it pops the password window up, and I of course enter, and hit the ok switch, but it doesn't open any terminals. In fact it doesn't do anything, it just goes through the motions, and dies off.

I'm new to this Gentoo way of doing things, and this is the first time I've used KDE. I'm baffled, how do I get up a terminal if KDEinit won't open one? I couldn't find any hotkey settings that will allow me to do this. :shock:
JoeBlue
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:10

I just installed the 64 bit - working great here
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby JoeBlue » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:26

That's great you didn't help me with my question though.

I figured out the hotkeys to get a terminal up, but I can't open it with the pretty stuff on the screen. I pulles me into a gentoo terminal screen, and gives nothing but the text interface. Makes it difficult to set something up with a terminal following an on-line guide. I don't find this amusing at all.
JoeBlue
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:39

ummm cntrl alt F1 work?
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby JoeBlue » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:56

Yeah, but like I siad, it only brings up the full screen terminal. If konsole worked right, I could open a small terminal in screen so I could just read the commands, and type them in without any problems.

I'm not sure if it's KDEinit or Konsole itself that is broken, but I will figure it out...
JoeBlue
Baby Hen

Postby JoeBlue » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:12

Egads, nothing works at all. Skype doesn't work, Konsole has no way of working, Nmap FE doesn't work, root terminal doesn't work, terminal works, but only full screened. I'm not liking KDE here, I think I'll go back to slackware with fluxbox, thanks for the effort, but it's incomplete, and I have not the patience to get something this jumbled, and jacked to work. The only thing does work right, well mostly is Firefox.

The google earth is broken, Konquerer barely works right, when it works at all. I know it's not my system, I've ran Slack on here for two years straight. No problems, never had to try to get anything to work right.
JoeBlue
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:42

bad install my guess
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion