Oh dear what have I done? Wont complete boot.

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Oh dear what have I done? Wont complete boot.

Postby No.2 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 21:34

I installed vmware but had problems with the user being able to access .../locations dir even though the user was part of vmware group and I had chmod g+w that dir. I also had problems with etc-update working in kuroo. It just gave me a whole lot of black screens. I closed everything and rebooted and now I can't log in. The pc boots but I it gets to where the login screen might be and then goes black, retries, goes black, retries etc. I had automatic login enabled for my regular user. I really don't know what is going on. I hadn't even done the complete system rebuild with new use flags yet.
No.2
Young Hen

Postby cvill64 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 22:42

you either seriously screwed up your cfg files or that chmod was a bad decisions, you need to fix those

boot up the livedvd and copy over the cfg files and also try and chmod that /locations back to where it should be

see if that helps, gotta be careful :)
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby No.2 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:13

Looks like I had no space left on the partion. I made the /partition 10GB. Is there anything I can delete to clean this up, distfiles etc ??

What about removing gnome USE Flags, doing:
Code: Select all
revdep-rebuild && emerge -C gnome enlightenment metacity fluxbox && emerge -uND system && emerge -uND world && emerge --depclean

Or have I got the order wrong here?
No.2
Young Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion