I've talked with Enlik last night and want to collect some ideas here (not completely since my data is stored on another computer).
Sabayon is great, but I have some points to complain. Maybe some other community members want to add their points to give the developers/contributors some feedback =)
- One Sign-in for most services: At the moment you have to register on forums, on wiki, on bugzilla, on transifex etc. to use several aspects of this distro. As you can see on the main page's source code (Ctrl+U in firefox), Drupal is used. Isn't it possible, to code some Drupal extensions to improve this situation (e.g. including a wiki instance)?
- Planet Sabayon: Some time (years?) ago, there was planet.sabayon.org, a place, where several blogs were aggregated via a Planet. I would like to revitalise it, if some community members wrote blog articles, too. I've got some developer's blogs in my feed reader at the moment (lxnay, joost, wolfden, Fitzcarraldo - who is no dev, but an "One-man-army" (by micia) - and others). Oh, and Enlik pointed me to the main page resp. to the articles below the press release concerning Sabayon X.
- Visibility of blog articles: At the moment, the release note of Sabayon X consumpts too much space to see other blog articles. Maybe the titles could be collected above the "New forum posts" section?
- Own section for contributors: Since there are no "Discuss"/Talk pages for wiki articles at the moment, I'd like to have an own subforum here. I can imagine, that translators and developers could share their thoughts there, too. So rather a contributor's corner than one for community members.
- Get involved: I would like to see a list of methods to contribute, such as translate (transifex), document (Wiki), code (Git), report bugs (Bugzilla) and so on. I think "Our Community" on the main page could be the right place for it (I know, that most of the services listed here are mentioned in the headers).
What would you like to see on Sabayon's internet presence?