what are support options for new users

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: what are support options for new users

Postby wolfden » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:41

Your Welcome,

Of course I read it, that is why I stressed it's volunteer, community members helping community members. Some seem to forget that. People gave you good info and even a link to wiki for resources. Regardless it's all volunteer, so if people want to create more avenues, feel free. We're not that much different than any other distro community, some can offer more avenues as they have more people doing stuff. The only thing limiting growth is the people.

I didn't think my post was offending or misunderstanding in any way.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: what are support options for new users

Postby cl00t » Wed Jul 25, 2012 20:34

j.r.d.silva wrote:
wolfden wrote:All is volunteer, nobody gets paid to help. People help when and if they can. People need to have patience and there is a lot of documentation out there already. I don't see us being much different from other communities. I run across unanswered forum posts all the time in other communities or IRC rooms that are full of morons. It takes the community to make it happen.

Nice mentoring.

You seem to totally misread my post (if your read it at all, did you?). Luckily others read it more carefully and took it the right way. And I did got the expected answers.

Thanks anyway.

Hello, for what it's worth, I did a lot of distro hopping before settling here & got really fed up with bickering in forums, juvenile discussions, folks being told to RTFM or being told to use Ubuntu (not that there is anything wrong with Ubuntu IMO), not to mention endless threads on how "Windblows sucks". I've never seen that here, thankfully.
Sabayon is a great distribution, hope you enjoy your stay :D
cl00t
Growing Hen

Previous

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area