[17:34:16 06/06/2012 UTC] INFO: [Package] [client] Unpacking package: packages-nonfree/amd64/5/net-wireles
* Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
* CONFIG_B43: should not be set. But it is.
* CONFIG_SSB: should not be set. But it is.
* CONFIG_MAC80211: should not be set. But it is.
* Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
* Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
I researched and found someone else with the exact same problem on Gentoo in October, 2009. In the Gentoo forum, they told him to cd to /usr/src/linux, run "make menuconfig", find the modules, remove them, and then recompile the kernel.
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-8 ... 039bf70f40
Is this really necessary? I am willing to try it, but never having configured a kernel and compiled it, I need a more specific procedures. Or at least a pointer to some docs that give the procedures.