Gnome-Shell crashes

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Gnome-Shell crashes

Postby TheRaven » Thu Jun 21, 2012 21:21

I installed Sabayon 9 Gnome. I am having problems frequently where Gnome-Shell crashes on me. I am using a ATI Radeon RTL8188CE video card. I'm not sure whats causing it. I installed, updated, then started trying to tweak it. Then it started crashing. Any ideas??????
TheRaven
Young Hen

Re: Gnome-Shell crashes

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:16

Turn off your notifications underneath your user name. Entropy wants to keep updating every few minutes and tends to crash Gnome-Shell since it is too much information to deal with. Believe me went through a lot of nightmares to discover this fact. I also have ATI drivers. The drivers included with this distribution are beyond reproach. It all falls on Entropy and its continual nag. Now that I have disable the notifications I am not experiencing crashes every 5 minutes or less! Will discuss more in a post about Virtualbox called Virtual Box Blues. Check and see might be good information for you. Took me time to figure it all out!!!
BBOSAK2143
Baby Hen

Re: Gnome-Shell crashes

Postby TheRaven » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:27

It doesn't help. Sorry. Maybe its just because I have 4 or more gnome shell extensions. I can't figure what else it could be.
TheRaven
Young Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area