nzb files trying to open in Ktorrent [Solved]

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

nzb files trying to open in Ktorrent [Solved]

Postby tollgate » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:33

I have this annoying problem with nzb files (newzbin). In Firefox they try to open in Ktorrent, when all I want is to save the file. In Chrome they also try to open in Ktorrent, but also do get saved in my download folder. I have hunted high and low to try and find a file association of some sort, but cannot find anything.

I have a very similar second machine and the behavior is as expected - clicking on an nzb link offers to save the file.

Both machines running Sabayon 9 KDE. Both were upgraded from Mandriva keeping the existing home folders in both cases.

Any help appreciated.
Last edited by tollgate on Mon Jul 02, 2012 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
tollgate
Growing Hen

Re: nzb files trying to open in Ktorrent

Postby BHReach » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:56

tollgate wrote:I have this annoying problem with nzb files (newzbin). In Firefox they try to open in Ktorrent, when all I want is to save the file. In Chrome they also try to open in Ktorrent, but also do get saved in my download folder. I have hunted high and low to try and find a file association of some sort, but cannot find anything.

I have a very similar second machine and the behavior is as expected - clicking on an nzb link offers to save the file.

Both machines running Sabayon 9 KDE. Both were upgraded from Mandriva keeping the existing home folders in both cases.

Any help appreciated.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-firefox-behavior-when-open-file
BHReach
Growing Hen

Re: nzb files trying to open in Ktorrent [Solved]

Postby tollgate » Mon Jul 02, 2012 14:29

Hi BHReach

I tried the instructions in that link earlier. I tried "always ask" and "save file" and neither makes any difference. However, I looked to see what Firefox was doing with torrent files and changed the two references to Ktorrent to "always ask". This time nzb files "asked" what to do with them, as did torrent files. All seems to be working now as I wanted.

Thanks for your help.
tollgate
Growing Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area