Hello

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Hello

Postby darnold » Fri Jun 22, 2012 21:09

Hello,
I've never tried a Gentoo based distro before, I've always worked with Slackware or Debian stuff. I've just installed Sabayon 9 xfce (64 bit) as an experimental back-up system and I think it's an excellent product.
All the gears seem to mesh, it's got a range of applications which fits well with what I do and it's good looking.
Sabayon 9 is a little slower than my main distro , LMDE xfce, but only marginally so and if it's as stable as LMDE I would consider it as an alternative main distro.
Thank you, Sabayon developers, for a fine piece of work.
darnold
Baby Hen

Re: Hello

Postby dunsurfin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 16:11

Hi darnold and welcome to Sabayon. I've been using it as my principal OS for about 5 years now and, as well as the developers, it's thanks to the support on these forums.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby silentdrgn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:44

Best distro I have tried so far. I've really only dealt with Debian since I made the switch to Linux full time and seemed to jump from distro to distro quite often. Not since I found Sabayon 9 KDE though. Rock solid and very fast. Do not see myself switching again.
silentdrgn
Baby Hen

Postby oliverashwin13 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:25

silentdrgn wrote:Best distro I have tried so far. I've really only dealt with Debian since I made the switch to Linux full time and seemed to jump from distro to distro quite often. Not since I found Sabayon 9 KDE though. Rock solid and very fast. Do not see myself switching again.

thanks for the info...
oliverashwin13
Baby Hen

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area