mocp is broken! [Solved]

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

mocp is broken! [Solved]

Postby joe3 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 13:30

Back aways I had a problem with mocp not being able to read my music files (all *.wav) Which turned out to have something to do with the use flags on the Entropy version. (As much as possible I use only equo to install/removed/upgrade all my software on my Sabayon installation.) That problem was solved thanks to some help I got to safely emerge the portage package with use flags that worked. See:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=25422

I also put media-sound/moc in /etc/entropy/packages/package.mask to keep equo from replacing it with one with the useless flag settings.

And for a while I was happy. Now however I've discovered that at some point my portage version mocp stopped working. Can't say for sure when, As I only use mocp when I feel like music, and that doesn't always line up with those occasions when I chose to boot Sabayon rather than Arch, Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS, or OpenSuSE...

But to make a long story short I wanted to play some music, so I mounted my music partition and ran mocp... Except I got this error:

├────┤Getting the queue... FATAL_ERROR: Can't send() int to the server!0:00:00├┤

Well since I haven't been letting equo upgrade mocp, I couldn't be sure if this was some kind of dependency issue, so I temporarily commented out the media-sound/moc line in /etc/entropy/packages/package.mask and used equo to upgrade mocp. But the resulting binary still can't read *.wav files. For which reason I used viewtopic.php?f=57&t=25422 as a guide to installing a portage version with better use flags

After which I did a

Code: Select all
 ~
UnderTree=-> eix -I moc
[I] media-sound/moc
     Available versions:  2.5.0_alpha4 (~)2.5.0_alpha4_p20111211 {aac alsa curl debug ffmpeg flac jack libsamplerate mad modplug musepack oss sid sndfile speex timidity +unicode vorbis wavpack}
     Installed versions:  2.5.0_alpha4_p20111211(05:15:08 AM 02/13/2012)(aac alsa curl ffmpeg flac jack libsamplerate mad modplug musepack oss sid sndfile speex timidity unicode vorbis wavpack -debug)
     Homepage:            http://moc.daper.net
     Description:         Music On Console - ncurses interface for playing audio files

~
UnderTree=->

Then I tried mocp again and again got another:

├────┤Getting the queue... FATAL_ERROR: Can't send() int to the server!0:00:00├┤

Does anybody know what the problem is?

--
joe3
Last edited by joe3 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
joe3
Advanced Hen

Re: mocp is broken!

Postby wolfden » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:54

dont use it myself but a quick google search show that come have luck after clearing the cache, maybe try that

have you ever filed a bug request for a change of the use flags?
wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: mocp is broken!

Postby joe3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 13:37

wolfden wrote:dont use it myself but a quick google search show that come have luck after clearing the cache, maybe try that
Well I suppose that's worth a try... Lets see: Oh yeah, I think the easy way to do that would be to boot Sabayon (At the moment I'm using Arch cause I felt like music...) Then use mc to navigate to ~/.moc/cache tag & delete everything. If that works I'll post the results here and mark this thread as solved. If not Then I'll post that too.
Good news, clearing the cache worked for me...

wolfden wrote:have you ever filed a bug request for a change of the use flags?
Ummmnnn well that would be "no"... But I suppose that it can't be that hard to find the appropriate bug tracker and report it. But since I added so many use flags to my portage version I can't say for sure which flags were actualy needed. I mean my best guess that it's the wavpack use flag is only that, a guess. Still I suppose I could just explain that in the bug request and trust to the knowlege of whoever works on it to ensure that the appropriate flags are chosen.
bug 3040 reported.
--
Joe3
joe3
Advanced Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion