Headset that works with Sabayon? [Solved]

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Headset that works with Sabayon? [Solved]

Postby Jdx » Wed Feb 01, 2012 22:08

Hi, I just recently installed sabayon 7.0, just last week,
And it's the most awesome Thing I ever tried, since sliced bread,

But my headset that I purchased from the offical skype accessory store, no longer functions, as there is no way to get the pulse audio manager installed , or use alsa to remedy the issue, as it is detected, but the slider is "greyed" out and stuck at zero for my headset

It's this headset:
http://shop.skype.com/headsets/usb/iss-talk-5115-everyman/

Now is it just me or is the pulse setup and management programs not in the repository ?
because when I did a "equo search" command it only showed the base pulse software and not paman or other needed pulse utilities

Could Some one please tell me which Headset, that I can purchase is currently compatible with sabayon?

Or perhaps advise me on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
Last edited by Jdx on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:47, edited 1 time in total.
Jdx
Baby Hen

Re: Headset that works with Sabayon?(Update)

Postby Jdx » Wed Feb 01, 2012 22:51

I have rummaged my brain a bit and thought to search for pavucontrol
but it does not function well, when I adjust the input/output levels, the percentage does not update at all, but stays stuck @ 100%, but the bar does move though

Plus , in addition to that, all the pictures seem to be missing and have white boxes with a red "X" in them instead

could some one direct me to a forum post on how to make a proper bug report?
Jdx
Baby Hen

Re: Headset that works with Sabayon?

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 23:44

What Desktop Environment are you using?

Try forcing Skype to use ALSA. Press Alt-F2 (or open a Konsole/Terminal window from your DE) and enter the command:

Code: Select all
PULSE_SERVER=127.0.0.1 skype

If that does not work then try disabling PulseAudio completely so that your whole system, not just Skype, reverts to using ALSA instead of PulseAudio: see the post Re: Removing Pulseaudio.

Further references that are relevant at the moment if you are fully upgraded to the current packages in the Entropy repository:

Sabayon Bugzilla Bug Report No. 3003 - Skype refuses to connect or quit

Skype refuses to connect

An old SL Forums thread on setting up PulseAudio, now out-of-date but still has some useful information and advice: Getting PulseAudio to cooperate.

In answer to your question about how to report bugs, you need to click on the link 'Bugs' at the top right of this page.

Also, for future information, in order to get help you need to give as much detailed information as possible about your software installation and hardware, otherwise forum members who might be able to help you have nothing to work with. Please read the thread Howto Gather Log Files Easily - Help Us to Help You. Also, open a Konsole/Terminal, log in as root user and have a look at the output of the following commands, which give important information on your installation and hardware:

Code: Select all
lspci
lsusb
lsmod
uname -a
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
aplay -L
aplay -l
cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep Driver
cat /etc/conf.d/modules | grep modules=
eselect kernel list
eselect opengl list
eselect mesa list
tail -n 2000 /var/log/messages | grep -i error
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep WW
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Headset that works with Sabayon?

Postby Jdx » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:39

I fixed it my self, before you posted(about 15-20 mins afterI posted the last one about four or so hours ago but took a bit of tinkering, had no time to update the thread

But I would like to Thank your kind and rather warm hearted efforts to help me out

what I did do, was put the headset on digital input and the onboard audio to analog only, via pavucontrol and set alsa to the usb mixer

Again, I am very grateful for your assitance!!

you Sabayon people are the Best!

Will try to include more detail in future, Sorry about that!
Jdx
Baby Hen

Re: Headset that works with Sabayon? [Solved]

Postby wolfden » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:10

fixed title of post to [Solved] as per http://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=17059
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to Hardware