Making wallpaper fit the screen [Solved]

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Making wallpaper fit the screen [Solved]

Postby TommyWylie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 20:56

Hi,
I'm new so I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong section. My slight niggle is that I dragged a jpeg file from a folder onto the desktop in order to set wallpaper, but it has centred on the screen and has not tiled to fill the available space. As the image is a vertical strip approximately 5 pixels wide, it appears as a vertical line in the middle of the screen. There is nothing in the appearance menu about wallpaper, and I have not successfully found a way to tile it, so can anyone tell me how? Thanks.

Tommy.
TommyWylie
Baby Hen

Re: Making wallpaper fit the screen

Postby TommyWylie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 22:14

Update... I have now located the command to tile the wallpaper, under "Folder view settings". I had omitted to try this option earlier as I assumed it was just a setting for toggling folders between "large icons, small icons, list, and details". I feel silly having found it now, but it was not obvious to the casual observer or a first time user.

I have to say I found earlier versions of KDE much easier to work.
TommyWylie
Baby Hen

Re: Making wallpaper fit the screen [Solved]

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:32

If you have solved your problem, please mark your thread as solved. I'll do it for you this time.

Why, and how to add "[Solved]" to your post. Please read.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion