How to Install NVidia 32bits Compatibility Libraries?

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

How to Install NVidia 32bits Compatibility Libraries?

Postby patkoscsaba » Sat Jan 21, 2012 16:51

First of all a hello to everyone as I am new here and new on Sabayon but an old-time Linux user (since 2000).

Now, here is my first question. I installed latest Sabayon:
Linux csaba-home 3.2.0-sabayon #1 SMP Sat Jan 7 20:05:56 UTC 2012 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

And I installed nvidia-driver with equo. Than I tweaked my xorg.conf and everything is working perfectly ... on 64 bits. However, there is a little problem. Some games, like TrueCombat:Elite and many others are in fact 32bits only and they require the 32bits Nvidia opengl drivers. Otherwise I am getting errors like this:

Code: Select all
...loading libGL.so.1: QGL_Init: dlopen libGL.so.1 failed: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now, I am coming from Mandriva, where the compatibility Nvidia libraries were automatically installed. I was looking for some packages with equo, but I found nothing.

PS: Sorry if this was already asked, you can't search for "nvidia" on this forum ... word is too common and ingnored.
patkoscsaba
Baby Hen

Re: How to Install NVidia 32bits Compatibility Libraries?

Postby Neuntausend » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:11

as i have a 64bit system myself and my nvidia drivers are working with 64 and 32 bit apps i checked what i have installed. i have nvidia-drivers-290.10 and nvidia-userspace-290.10. the description of the latter reads:

NVIDIA X11 userspace libraries and applications

might be what you are looking for?

if nothing helps, as a last resort you can install the nvidia drivers manually from their web site - the script will install all the libs you need.
Neuntausend
Baby Hen

Re: How to Install NVidia 32bits Compatibility Libraries?

Postby patkoscsaba » Sun Jan 22, 2012 13:08

It seems like my previous install from the repositories had some problems, I saw that glxinfo did not report nvidia as the OpenGL vendor and other problems.

As I had no better idea/solution I installed the driver from the NVidida site and I enabled the 32bit compatibility libraries at install time. I will try another install of the nvidia-drivers and nvidia-userpsace when there will be a kernel update and I will be forced to do so.

Thank you for your prompt answer.
patkoscsaba
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware