GRUB freezes

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

GRUB freezes

Postby thegorleone » Mon Jan 16, 2012 16:27

Hello guys,
Sorry to bother you, but I cant start my computer. After fresh install without any problems grub freezes. I change my motherboard and of this time GRUB stop working. Just try to see some other distributions with Lilo and lilo works, but GRUB not. Few months to try to resolve the problem but without success. As information I can give only the name of the motherboard, Bios, Chipset, HDD. GRUB freezes at the very entry before the menu appears, and computer freezes.
Motherboard Name: Clevo M740TU(N)/M760TU(N)/W7X0TUN
Bios: Phoenix, version: 1.02.25.
Chipset: Intel Cantiga PM45
HDD: TOSHIBA MK2552GSX (232 GB)
I try to find some bootloaders for usb/cd to boot the system and install Lilo as main boot loader, but again without success, I cant find anything. I can not live anymore without Sabayon(It sounds funny, but I really loves the support in this distro, big thanks for that).
Thanks in advance, my hope is in you!
thegorleone
Baby Hen

Re: GRUB freezes

Postby dunsurfin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 16:36

thegorleone wrote:I try to find some bootloaders for usb/cd to boot the system and install Lilo as main boot loader, but again without success, I cant find anything. !

Have you tried supergrub disc? http://www.supergrubdisk.org/
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Re: GRUB freezes

Postby thegorleone » Mon Jan 16, 2012 17:20

Result of super grub 2: Boot from my USB, starts loading and stops 1 sec later again try to load. I use this wiki for install on usb stick: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wiki/SGD_H ... 2_Disk_USB
thegorleone
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware