BlackNoxis wrote:Some advices for you Sisko43 :
1) Firstly understand the individualist theory : I, as a human, must solve my own problems in any ways possible and must learn everything that is at hand to solve them in the right, objective (straight to the point) and justfully way possible. What you've wrote up there was a total subjective ordering of ideas and problems, I didn't see no details of WHAT could POSSIBLY went wrong with your updates.
2) Sabayon includes Gentoo-OS. Starting with this basis and judging by the individualist theory (AGAIN), your interest for knowledge is at the lowest grade possible. Then I ask again : how could you possibly have no problems with Gentoo-OS and could have problems with Sabayon when you already have a Gentoo-OS in your Sabayon system ?
3) Judging by 1) and 2) basis, I will put again another question : those packages you had problem with, they work on Gentoo ? If yes, why didn't you emerge them to see if they work (if you say you're on and know Gentoo) ? The logical fact says that if they work on Gentoo, they should work on Gentoo binaries, and guess where all Gentoo binaries go ? Right, Sabayon.
As a conclusion, I cannot imagine you using Gentoo, you don't seem to know a lot of docs about Gentoo, if you knew some Gentoo, then Sabayon broken packages would be just a "what's with this ant ?" question. If you were a true Sabayon user, then you would've debugged them, see what could possibly go wrong, and feedback a.s.a.p. to Fabio or the devs. And as Raman said, those are not Sabayon-made packages, guilt is not Sabayon's. I resume myself to darthlukan 's theory about this. The things I say here, I hope you won't take them personally, it's just user-to-user reply, but I really hope you will learn more in the future about Linux system, you don't seem to shine, and definitely Sabayon nor Gentoo don't seem to be for you.
Good luck and sincerely thoughts, Steven
Don't be afraid, I won't take it personally, but your text is a little bit insulting. Don't know in what way you're involved in Sabayon, but you wrote your text as if I stepped on your toes.
Furthermore you should have left your "Advices" to a better clairvoyant maybe Nostradamus. I wrote my first post in this thread 100% influenced by frustration. To read all this what you have written out of it, is a little bit adventurous.
1. As I wrote my first post everything was fine again with my Sabayon-Installation. Not a single word with "Help". I posted in the General Discussion. I started this thread NOT, because of the mentioned issues. But because of the culmination of issues after bigger updates via equo/sulfur over the past year. That's a fact. Search a little bit in the Sabayon-Forum and you will see it. that's the reponsibility of Sabayon-dev and not Upstream. Sabayon is Sabayon. And not Gentoo.
2. You wrote:
- Code: Select all
If you were a true Sabayon user, then you would've debugged them, see what could possibly go wrong, and feedback a.s.a.p. to Fabio or the devs.
I posted several times in the bugzilla. Two examples:
- Buggy Lightscribe-packages.
contacted several times in this case. To this day lightscribe don't work in sabayon. The lightscribe overlay from Gentoo works just fine.
- No working flash in Opera.
Contacted Bugzilla. Simple answer: "Works here on my machine. You're talking nonsense"
A few month later I found this in the forum:
Make your own conclusions...
3. Sabayon is a precompiled binary Linux, Gentoo NOT . So how can you possibly predict what I have installed on my Gentoo Machine to make these very strange connection. On my Gentoo-system is nothing installed that is still in the Testing-Phase or Masked....
4. I would say "Everybody has still to learn in life" And therefore also Linux. But nonetheless as I wrote:
I use Linux permanently since 1997 with a great variety of Distributions. Sabayon was on my machine since version 4.0.
Other activities from me in the Knowledge-Case( a few examples):
https://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?titl ... elerra_4.3
http://www.mandrivauser.de/forum/viewto ... 55&t=29569
http://www.mandrivauser.de/forum/viewto ... 55&t=29513
http://www.mandrivauser.de/forum/viewto ... 55&t=29560
I could continue.
So I refuse to tolerate sentence from you like:
Starting with this basis and judging by the individualist theory (AGAIN), your interest for knowledge is at the lowest grade possible.
but I really hope you will learn more in the future about Linux system, you don't seem to shine, and definitely Sabayon nor Gentoo don't seem to be for you.
Good luck my omniscient Steven
Most of the time it's just the user not READING equo/sulfur output at all, we ain't Windows.
stop writing FUD, you really have no clue at all.
Anyway I'm out of Sabayon rolling now with Arch...